Anyone use an Airstill to make RSO ?

indicaxsativa

I've got one and some 99.8% ethanol.

Still trying to establish if the 0.8% Is benzene or not.

Activated charcoal may remove the benzene but need to read up more on it as want no exposure to it above background levels or less.

watch the top gasket as they dont take the 99% alc well ,they grow and fall off (they do go back to shape again when washed dried)if you open the still so need to judge the amounts well and open just at the end when youve sussed it, (ive strapped the lid down to stop weeping iso or ethanol ) check  Graywolfs lair out , @indicaxsativa

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 2

I use PTFE gaskets in my stills.  I also use PTFE hoses and stainless or copper tubing.  

I typically use the 95%/190 proof azeotrope from my reluxing still, but use 3A Mol Sieve if I want it drier.  After drying I run one more time in a pot still to remove all the mol sieve residue.

It won't stay 200 proof long open to atmospheric humidity, so storage is key.

• Like 2

@Graywolf Hi do you have a link you could pm me for the ptfe airstill gaskets as i've only found the standard ones so far, Thank you Atb:yep:

Edited by Personunknown