Back to Dirt after 10 years… which B&Q nutes…

SAPFO

After 15 years of on/off growing, I’m going back to basics. I’ve done most hydro systems known to man, but I’m now out to prove a plant is a plant, and (edible) plant food will grow a plant.

I’m going to use B&Q Multi as my base.

Has anybody had any success using any standard nutrients from B&Q?

• Like 2

Possibly the wrong section, this one is for organic compost:yep:

No clue about b&q stuff, haven't been there in years. Dunno if they do Clover compost but it's sold all over the place and gets glowing reviews on here. You can definitely get away with using the likes of tomorite etc, I've seen a few people get good results (one guy in particular but his name escapes me), however I'd be willing to bet you'll have better results by spending a wee bit more on some decent stuff, I expect most people will stay the same. 

Be cool to see how you get on.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

presumably you are growing in dirt? in which case i think other variables are more important than difference between a decent plant food like any tommy fertiliser and expensive fancy pants stuff, so i am with you that a plant is a plant. the only slight quibble is they will all (ok, most) prefer high nitrogen and low nitrogen grow and bloom blends. and i would check for micro nutrients even though in dirt.

good luck, it will be interesting.

A good few on here use chempak, I don't know if bnq sell it but my local gardening centre does. 

I can't recall who it was now. I'd have a search for you but I'm on my mobile and I'm shit with links on this. You can get different numbered ones for flower and veg.