RooR bong

B0bbyBuds

2 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

@B0bbyBuds

Plenty of angled connectors will sort that out.

Realised it’s more a less lab glassware fittings so should be plenty of options, will need to work out the angle though 

If you have the money then go for it. Nothing nicer than treating yourself to something you've always fancied. 

Go for it 

• Like 2

I kind of have the money. I am also trying to save up to get my own place, but it’s not been happening lol 

However getting my own place is becoming more of a priority as I’m running out of weed. Can’t grow where I currently live. Friend thought he’d be able to get a grow on can’t anymore. I really want my own place but also want to enjoy these things (such as the bong) l. 

To clarify want my own place to have my own space too, not just to be weed self sufficient lol 

11 minutes ago, B0bbyBuds said:

I kind of have the money. I am also trying to save up to get my own place, but it’s not been happening lol 

However getting my own place is becoming more of a priority as I’m running out of weed. Can’t grow where I currently live. Friend thought he’d be able to get a grow on can’t anymore. I really want my own place but also want to enjoy these things (such as the bong) l. 

To clarify want my own place to have my own space too, not just to be weed self sufficient lol 

Just my opinion but I'd put all your financial efforts (within reason, you've still got to enjoy yourself :) ) into getting that place of your own :) Then you can start buying stuff. But that's just me.

• Like 3

Just now, B0bbyBuds said:

Nice was that limited edition/collab. I imagine it being passed down generations :bong:

As far as I'm aware only three were produced (of different sizes) for the winners of the Dinafem compo 2017/18).  It is indeed a prized item for me and everything about it is quality.  Smooth as and does the job perfectly.

large.5b85d187a998c_DinafemCompo2018.jpg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Just my opinion but I'd put all your financial efforts (within reason, you've still got to enjoy yourself :) ) into getting that place of your own :) Then you can start buying stuff. But that's just me.

That’s the plan for this year. Apart from this and maybe one or two things, it’s big cut backs. Need to start some kind of savings. Interesting seeing how people manage their monies. In another thread idea of spending rotation was a good idea. 

@botanics that’s a nice bong man! Can understand the glass spots stuff more now. That bag is awesome too! Hadn’t thought about a travel bag.

• Like 2

My buddy has had a RooR that has gone around our friend circle for the better part of...it’s gotta be at least 10 years now. More like 12. It’s old enough that the screen printed logo has rubbed off. 

They’re high quality, but I’d never buy one myself. A good deal of the price is based off of the name. And IMO $300us for a regular old bong that wasn’t made by a particular friend, associate, known human acquaintance etc is a bit far fetched. 

I have/had several GravLabs pieces that are equal in quality to RooR in my opinion. GRAV stuff seems to run about 1/3 less than a comparable RooR product. 

If you’re on a budget, look for smaller names that are still Borosilicate glass of decent thickness. The glass type and thickness are really what defines the quality.  The design definitely plays a part (reinforcing particularly stressed or vulnerable areas etc) but ultimately, it’s just a glass tube with two holes in it. 

Now im give advice that you didn’t ask for. lol

You didn’t ask for it, but I’m compelled to share a piece of financial advice that my folks beat into me. It took me until I was 30 to act on it. 

Pay yourself before you pay anyone else. (This is short term “oh shit!” savings, retirement, appreciable assets etc)

Don’t buy anything you don’t NEED until you meet the obligation of paying yourself and your debts.

If your savings is not built up, and you want to have your own place and currently don’t, take that RooR money, stick in a safe place (whatever you decide that means for you) and forget about the money and the expensive bong.  
Keep doing that until you’ve got savings and a down payment/security deposit/whatever for your own place. 

A bong will never, ever, in any plane of existence, make you feel as good as the pride of working to achieve your own living space and savings.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boojum said:

Feel very hypocritical to say this, but I totally agree. I've spent the last 2 years "trying" to sort out saving for a proper digs, and I've nowt to show fir because I have the eye of a magpie and a rag n bone salary. 

4 hours ago, B0bbyBuds said:

In another thread idea of spending rotation was a good idea. 

What that then? Can you remember the thread? 

4 hours ago, Cajafiesta said:

Pay yourself before you pay anyone else. (This is short term “oh shit!” savings, retirement, appreciable assets etc)

Don’t buy anything you don’t NEED until you meet the obligation of paying yourself and your debts.

Funnily enough I'm 30, and I feel like this is exactly the thing I need to hear right now. You've got some wise parents mate. 

• Like 1

On 16/02/2022 at 9:57 AM, B0bbyBuds said:

Special occasion coming up and thinking of getting myself a RooR bong. Been wanting one for ages

I bought the missus one 22years ago 7mm ice master i think it is, lets just say its been used every day since purchase.

Think i gave 100 notes for it..

I had a Roor bong a few years ago , I broke it though , just like every other bong I've ever had , it was nice , not really worth the money though

unless you are the type of person who doesn't break things

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Degsy said:

I had a Roor bong a few years ago , I broke it though , just like every other bong I've ever had , it was nice , not really worth the money though

:yep:

If I'm stoned (or drunk, or even totally sober and not really paying attention) I'll break stuff made of glass. I don't mean to, but it will happen :rolleyes:

Edited by Boojum

On 19/02/2022 at 5:43 PM, Cajafiesta said:

GravLabs pieces

Checked them out, they have nice pieces but not many bigger ones. Did introduce me to the idea of a glass joint though. Sounds nice and convenient. Initially thought for our and about as you can easily store it without crushing it. But then thought It may look like I’m trying to smoke something harder. Especially if the lighter makes the glass go black etc.. lol 

On 19/02/2022 at 10:12 PM, MindSoup said:

I've spent the last 2 years "trying" to sort out saving for a proper digs, and I've nowt to show fir because I have the eye of a magpie and a rag n bone salary. 

I’m in the same position :russian:. However this year I’m aiming to save properly. I don’t buy nice things, I’ve been spending on much needed maintenance of family home and stuff like that... and food while I’ve been living out. 

On 20/02/2022 at 0:20 AM, Degsy said:

That’s the opposite but that’s what I’m hoping the 7mm glass and hoping it’s designed in a way with few fragile points. 
what were you doing with it!? With regards to the video above

On 20/02/2022 at 1:07 AM, Boojum said:

When I was in the 6th year doing chemistry I stole so much glassware to make bongs with lollollol

That does make a good set up too, realised the joints are usually same as chemistry glass. The fitting together bit. Not sure if 6th year means year 6? That’s young lol 

On 19/02/2022 at 10:37 PM, Dr feelgood said:

is, lets just say its been used every day since purchase.

For everyday usage do you bother with the ice? 

On 19/02/2022 at 5:43 PM, Cajafiesta said:

You didn’t ask for it, but I’m compelled to share a piece of financial advice that my folks beat into me. It took me until I was 30 to act on it. 

Making this shift now, said I’d have a few years of enjoying, but actually need to get my own place for my own mental health. It’s top priority(after the bong which is for a special occasion and has been in the back of my mind for a while lol ) the bongs not representative of my normal spending habits.  before I get my own home wanted to make sure family home is OK. 

• Like 1