RooR bong

B0bbyBuds

Special occasion coming up and thinking of getting myself a RooR bong. Been wanting one for ages and think I might pull the trigger. 

There are a couple things I don’t understand what they are:

marbles - what are these and what do they do?

Narrowing - what is this for, it’s a separate option from the ice notches

Glass points - what are these for? 
Turtle neck diffuser - what’s the difference of the turtle head?

stenosis of the head - I don’t understand what this is

im looking at the 7.0 dealers cup lol 

Any additional things to recommend. I’ve only used a little plastic bong many years ago. Was good times, can see myself and partner using a bong more these days. 

In the future if I wanted to connect it to a flowerpot vape do I need anything else? 

Edited by B0bbyBuds

They look a bit pricy to drop !I bought a 45 cm glass beaker bong last August . It was £60 which I thought was a lot ,it looks very similar . . It has ice notches ,but no diffuser , I wanted simple . Im very pleased with it , as I had used a plasticbong for over 40 years . 

The only down side is I broke the down pipe , and then the bowl , both luckily easy replacemed . The down pipe repcacement was made by Chongz and only cost £5 .

I like the fact the fittings are pretty standatd so options for upgrades !

• Like 2

Just now, Doby Mick said:

They look a bit pricy to drop

I was hoping it would survive a drop or many given the thickness of the glass. Hoping it will last my lifetime and hopefully more. Buy it once kind of thing. 

• Like 1

Mine was made by Bonglas , its pretty thick glass , and has been knocked over serveral times , but I would not like to give it the drop test . Its coped with very hot water for cleaning , which seems to have a negative effect on plastic bongs .

If looked after no reason it should not become a family heirloom  :)

5 minutes ago, Doby Mick said:

They look a bit pricy to drop

Wasn't it Roor that did the videos of them hammering nails into wood with their bongs? I do admire companies that still build things to last, they're few and far between. If I could afford one I would support their company.

Still I could by 20 of my DH Gate specials before I'd spent the same as on a Roor.

Edited by MindSoup

it was a similar video to this, might have been a g spot bong. Fuck knows how many bongs they actually broke in this video and didn't show mind you. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

@M Pamplemousse I just checked them out and customised. Worked out 200 euro cheaper than the RooR. I’d rather get the RooR. It’s a special occasion and don’t mind spending the extra to treat myself, I’ve always wanted a RooR, Tried a few and always happy with the quality. 

By going through the Ehle customisation process I think the narrowing is for decoration and so are the glass points. 

• Like 1

A TAG 18" beaker would be a fair chunk cheaper and probably a lil tougher as they're 9mm thick (the RooR is only a mere 7mm thick) 

I think the Marbles are for just for personalisation, the narrowing concentrates the bubbles, and the spikes encourage the bubbles to burst 

I wouldn't recommend either of them them for the flowerpot because of the angle of the downstem and the joint 

If you're happy spending the money for the Roor you could commission something unique and personal from an artisan glass blower on social media 

Or buy 20 pieces from Dhgate, Black Leaf, Vaporshop ...

Edited by Hippie on hill

5 minutes ago, Hippie on hill said:

wouldn't recommend either of them them for the flowerpot because of the angle of the downstem and the joint 

That’s a good point. Damn. 

regarding a custom piece, that opens up a whole rabbit hole I don’t want to go down. I don’t really use social media either so will be a long long deep dive into finding someone. 

• Like 1

I’m going to go with the flowerpot is a different use-case and I’ll get it it’s own glassware lol 

something to think about as I planned to use it with my mighty too. 

or there maybe an ash catcher or something which will help change the angle 

Edited by B0bbyBuds

2 hours ago, Hippie on hill said:

Or buy 20 pieces from Dhgate, Black Leaf, Vaporshop ...

Having 6 dhgate pieces I wouldn't bother.

One quality piece is far better than many dhgate IME. 

Mine just sit there now.