Clover MPC beginner question

frank0420

Hi everyone

So a local garden centre stocks Clover MPC and John Innes no 1,2,3 after reading a few good reviews here on the Clover MPC no one has stated how much perlite they add to the compost. As a beginner I know its a silly question but how much do I add for potting and what nutrient's would you advise to go with the clover. If any?

There is no need for perlite. 

There's enough food just about to feed the plant in-between pot ups if you pot up every two weeks. 

Afyer two weeks in finals day 1 flower go onto 2.5-3ml of canna of cellmax grow for two weeks then the same but with flores/flower nutes. 

That is providing the plants are growing as they should. 

Use any nutrients you like. They work really well though. 

It's a great start. Clover does the hard work for you and with a bit of love will give you a big sturdy plant going into flower 

• Like 5

Hey @blackpoolbouncer could I ask you a quick one please?

During the transition period (1 - 3 weeks 12/12) would you mix the veg and bloom nutes? Say 1.5ml vega and 1.5ml flores to make up the 3ml at say the second week of 12/12?

No. I go in at full strength(2.5-3ml pl for canna terra. 3-3.5 for cellmax earth) from day 1 flower with grow and at day 14 change to flores as per instructions. 

No faffing

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2022 at 7:05 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

There is no need for perlite. 

There's enough food just about to feed the plant in-between pot ups if you pot up every two weeks. 

Afyer two weeks in finals day 1 flower go onto 2.5-3ml of canna of cellmax grow for two weeks then the same but with flores/flower nutes. 

That is providing the plants are growing as they should. 

Use any nutrients you like. They work really well though. 

It's a great start. Clover does the hard work for you and with a bit of love will give you a big sturdy plant going into flower 

@blackpoolbouncer Hi there I'm gonna start of with an Autoflowed seed in a 12ltr pot in Clover no potting up. I realise I'm taking a chance as a beginner so fingers crossed. Can I ask what week in should I consider adding nutrients when using clover and auto seed, and can I use grow and then bloom ? Sorry if the question is dumb but I have read diverse stories that some people do not use grow but just bloom when in Clover and Autos, other growers using both grow and bloom but no indication when to add them.. Thank you.

Edited by frank0420

Day 28 or thereabouts. 

Be very careful with your watering when young. 

Usually want a bit of grow too really. Just a couple of feeds before going bloom find 

Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

Day 28 or thereabouts. 

Be very careful with your watering when young. 

Usually want a bit of grow too really. Just a couple of feeds before going bloom find 

@blackpoolbouncer thank you very much

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/02/2022 at 8:30 PM, blackpoolbouncer said:

No. I go in at full strength(2.5-3ml pl for canna terra. 3-3.5 for cellmax earth) from day 1 flower with grow and at day 14 change to flores as per instructions. 

No faffing

I'm having a change from Bio Bloom this time, going to try something else. So Terra up until till day 14 flowering, then Flores. What other products are you using to flower?

• Like 1