Silent timer

the rambler

15 hours ago, GG88 said:

im using the masterplug tes7

Same here, I got them after reading posts on here, loads of people are using them and there are no reports of any problems.

15 hours ago, GG88 said:

works perfect on led and HPS

You're using a contactor for the HPS though right? If not you wont get away without one indefinitely.

• Like 3

Dunno if it was to do with wiring or other mitigating circumstances but CaseyJones posted a picture of his melted digi timer. I’d be getting a heavy duty one from the grow shop for peace of mind if owt substantial is plugged in.

• Like 1

Just now, Punk said:

So would a masterplug tes7 work safely with a contractor and 600hps?

All the load from the lamp is being handled by the contactor. so yes should be fine.

• Like 1

I bought a digital timer with contractor housed inside it. It's not much bigger than a regular digital timer. No tails, multiple plugs etc. If you haven't already bought a contactor, it might be a good option for you.

Saying that, I have my old contactor lying around that's never used, so I could have just bought a regular timer.

a grasslin mechanical timer is pretty much silent, how loud are timers anyway, is it a big issue? I'd be more inclined to get silent fans

• Like 1

In the twilight hours when everything is silent and you're trying to get to sleep, then and only then do you realise just how loud mechanical timers are, doesn't matter about make etc that dial ticking round at the end of your bed is a right bastard at 4am I can tell you :)

• Like 3

ah yes the old growing in your bedroom, I remember those days, now it's the hum above my head lol I've had to go up and turn off a few fans and dehumidifiers before, just cant nod off....

• Like 2

On 10/02/2022 at 7:55 PM, Should Know Betterer said:

In the twilight hours when everything is silent and you're trying to get to sleep, then and only then do you realise just how loud mechanical timers are, doesn't matter about make etc that dial ticking round at the end of your bed is a right bastard at 4am I can tell you :)

You're not wrong, I had a timer and the clicking was on par with the clip fan at 4am

• Like 1

Use a Meross 4 way smart switch with USB option for circulation fans. 5 timers in 1. All programmable with your phone and if the wifi dies, it remembers the routines. :yep:

Just now, Slippy One said:

Use a Meross 4 way smart switch with USB option for circulation fans. 5 timers in 1. All programmable with your phone and if the wifi dies, it remembers the routines. :yep:

Are usb fans quieter than clip ons?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Punk said:

Are usb fans quieter than clip ons?

Immeasurably, and only 5v. They have some issues, but if you leave them on 24/7 you’re good 

• Like 1