Humidity too high

Mabawza

My humidity is far too high with light off talking 72%-75% I’ve just been reading in this forum too leave extraction fan on 24/7 will this help ? I’ve got most air vents open still sitting at this. 

Your plants leaves and the pots they are in are humidifiers.This will add to the ambient humidity. You need your extraction on all the time, as Stu914 says.

• Like 3

I take it this is your first grow because after 2-3 weeks of flower if you don't keep your extraction fan on 24/07 you are going to stink out wherever your growing, please tell me you have a carbon filter?

• Like 1

Extracting into the same room won’t cure your humidity if the rooms humidity is also high. Open windows or dehumidifier.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Superstealth said:

I take it this is your first grow because after 2-3 weeks of flower if you don't keep your extraction fan on 24/07 you are going to stink out wherever your growing, please tell me you have a carbon filter?

Yeah got a carbon filter. Just never knew to leave extraction on 24/7. Thanks everybody.

• Like 3

For the record, a tray of cat litter in the cupboard works a treat, dropped my rh 10% lower. :yep:

Edited by Slippy One
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, QFMAC said:

Are you also using circulation fans inside your tent?

Yeah got a 9inch fan I’m sure it is. Got that coming on when light comes on. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stu914 said:

@Mabawza

Are you using a controller on the extractor bud? 

Nope. New to the game. So just trying to figure everything out. I’ve read up on them any recommendations on what one to buy?

• Like 1

Depends how much you want to spend bud...be wary of buying cheap ones they'll make your fan buzz and drive you nuts.

Well worth the investment whatever you decide as it helps to control room temperature, humidity and fan noise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mabawza said:

Yeah got a 9inch fan I’m sure it is. Got that coming on when light comes on. 

Your circulation fan also needs to be running constantly, not just when your lights come on. Don't have it blowing directly at your plants and too close, or you can get wind burn. You want it so that your leaves are gently swaying/dancing, kind of blowing over the top of your canopy.

A 9" fan is quite large, unless you're in a bigger tent.

I use several 6" fans to make sure that there are no dead spots with no air movement in them.

The circulation fans will also help to reduce humidity, as well as prevent mold and powdery mildew. Cannabis is also a wind pollinated plant, so you need that air movement.

Edited by QFMAC
  • Like 1

You'll find if you don't get a fan speed controller in place you'll filter may not cope so well because it will be pulling to fast check out the ink bird temp controllers there about 35 buff

• Like 1