When to start garden autos inside ?

the rambler

Hi folks doing a couple of r g s c autos and seed stockers autos out in the garden this year. 
ive just got a cheap l e d of eBay to start then off just wondering what time in aprial you lot start you veg cycle off please. I plan to have my 1st two out in the garden by 5 may 

many thanks 

hi mate depends on your latitude , to go oouter limits ,, i would say 1st week in march .seeds in water :chains:

all depends on a early sping or a if we are goin to have a crap summer. you can delay if you need the girls to play outside 

luck,, with yur grow  m8  

• Like 1

mr rammbler . sorry if you want the m out to veg . start in 1st week in april  sorry  again,  :wallbash: better to wait on more replys 

as im goin to do the same ,  with my regs,,i hope saves on lecky ,  regards geogeo .

• Like 2

Depends where you are , whether you are bringing them on indoors first ,  whether your putting in greenhouse or covering them 1st.

I normally try do 2 staggered runs , will be kicking my 1st run off in next week , bring them on and then greenhouse , by that time the weather should have broke and then put them outside to flower.  2nd run i start indoors t, bring them on then get them straight outside 1st june.   

• Like 3
Just now, the rambler said:

Lat 41 folks sorry some were in the English channel no green house may make a make shift cold frame 

coor,, m8, thats the tropics for me ..56.2  lat .

Edited by geogeo
speeling
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, the rambler said:

Lat 41 folks sorry some were in the English channel no green house may make a make shift cold frame 

No reason you couldnt do a staggered run at that loc :yep:      Even an auto & a fem.    More practice = More better lol   

• Like 1

@OldFord I probly will do I have a couple of Bluetooth autos from r g s c as well as mighty gold and mighty freeze as well as some autos on way from seed stockers 

probs start the seed stockers soon n try n have them down by June July then start the blue tooth and real gorilla stuff in may 

Edited by the rambler
Spelling
  • Like 1

Staggering the planting is your best bet, that way hopefully some of them will get that sweet spot in the weather. They're quite sensitive to stress and can get stunted easily by cold/wet etc during veg so don't put all your eggs in one basket. 

As others have said when to start depends greatly on your climate/geographical location, but if your in the UK end of April beginning of May is a good ball park. 

Oh and remember, start them in their final pots for best results. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Crow River said:

Latitude 41? That's the Mediterranean! :D

Maybe 49? If you're in the Channel Islands sounds more like it..

You are correct I stand corrected 49. 1

• Like 1