cover or not with flowering cuttings?

Just now, ratdog said:

i have taken a cutting in the 5 week of flower, if i cover it to get humidity will it rot the bud?

cover or not?

Snip the bud(s) off rats and just leave leaf and stem, then cover as usual... you won't need buds in re-veg...:yep:

• Like 4

I've taken week 3 cuts and revegged them previously but honestly I thought I was pushing it a bit.....

I'm in week 6 rn and have some regrets about not cloning one of my ladies , what do you lot reckon my chances are of getting a 6 weeker to strike roots and revert?

Got a retrofitted fish tank I use for houseplant propagations I can use..

Sorry about hijacking yer thread Rats 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

I think @fatboy77 has been doing the monstercropping thing @BilgePump & @ratdog. I reckon he’d be the guy to ask. Sorry for jumping in but I’d like to try reveg or possibly monster crop one or two depending on how they crack on. Shame we can’t club in and legally buy a nice unit with enough space to back everything up incase we hit the jackpot. Anyone want to move to Canada with me? lol 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

I've taken week 3 cuts and revegged them previously but honestly I thought I was pushing it a bit.....

I'm in week 6 rn and have some regrets about not cloning one of my ladies , what do you lot reckon my chances are of getting a 6 weeker to strike roots and revert?

Got a retrofitted fish tank I use for houseplant propagations I can use..

Sorry about hijacking yer thread Rats 

:yinyang:

i've taken cuts this late before, and they rooted, but i think it was in a propagator instead of party cups, i've done it now and @stu914 i can't snip the bud off as there won't be anything left, it's just a small cutting from the lowest point and the rest was trimmed about 10 days ago :(

i will expect to have to reveg her and if the cut roots, happy days!

@mikeydoughnut that sounds like a plan, count me in! lol

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 3

I always cover, and I take flowering clones on the regular, cos I'm a drip like  that! I have half a dozen or so different ones reverting right  now lol

Dont worry about snipping the bud off, thats just silliness lol

I've    taken flowering clones lots over the years  just to see how late I can can get them to root. 

7 weeks into flower is  the latest I've taken them and successfully rooted flowering clones (not monster cropping)

Haven't tried later than 7.

just dont spray it to much and it  wont rot.

Edit.. some people seem to think taking cuts in flower automatically makes it monster cropping, that isn't the case, monster cropping is done for a specific reason 3 weeks into flower..

When you do it to save a plant, it isnt monster cropping at 5 weeks into flower..

It's just taking a clone and hoping you can save it, you knows lol

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 5