Auto Flowering Seed Advice

PottingShed

I have just got a potting shed (my profile pic) and have bought probably far too many seeds 

I have Sage, Basil, Lemon Balm, Lobelia, Night Scented Stock, Carnations, Wonderberry and Tomato seeds. 

I want to try and grow some weed as well, I was going to buy 3 seeds and hopefully I will get something at the end of it, I’m looking for an easy auto flowering seed, not too smelly or big, the shed is only 4 x 6 

I’m at 55 latitude and the shed will face South South/West 

I’m green fingered and enjoy growing plants from seeds 

I’m going to paint the inside of the shed white and hang reflective film behind the shelves so that the plants get as much sunlight as possible, 

It is getting put up this week, I can’t wait, I don’t smoke in the house so I’m out in all weathers trying to enjoy a smoke.

Any suggestions as to what seeds I should buy?

edited to add no power in shed only natural light and humidity control is opening the door 

Edited by PottingShed
To add important information
  • Like 3

Do you have preferance over sativa, indica, particular type of smell/taste? To limit the size of the plant you can grow in a smaller pot, and maybe do some low stress training. There's lots of different auto breeders and I'm sure others will chip in but have a look sweet seeds, I've have had good results with them, they have a wide range of autos including CBD and are fairly easy to buy at most seed banks. 

Also is the potting shed away from neighbours? I take this isn't a guerilla grow so growing without any smell control might be risky when the wind wafts smell away after you open the door. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ricklepick said:

Do you have preferance over sativa, indica, particular type of smell/taste? To limit the size of the plant you can grow in a smaller pot, and maybe do some low stress training. There's lots of different auto breeders and I'm sure others will chip in but have a look sweet seeds, I've have had good results with them, they have a wide range of autos including CBD and are fairly easy to buy at most seed banks. 

Also is the potting shed away from neighbours? I take this isn't a guerilla grow so growing without any smell control might be risky when the wind wafts smell away after you open the door. 

No preference I’m happy to experiment. The shed doesn’t overlook anyone so no prying eyes 

thanks for your help 

I don't think the plants will be getting enough light in there, even with the reflective sheeting.  Maybe consider removing the roof panels and fitting something transparent on top.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Clubs said:

I don't think the plants will be getting enough light in there, even with the reflective sheeting.  Maybe consider removing the roof panels and fitting something transparent on top.  

That's a way to go if possible,I'd make on myself but got a noisy neighbor 2ft away

• Like 2

Just now, Herbal Kint said:

That's a way to go if possible,I'd make on myself but got a noisy neighbor 2ft away

So your neighbor is noisy.

Better than having a nosey neighbor I suppose :)

• Like 3

Just now, M Pamplemousse said:

So your neighbor is noisy.

Better than having a nosey neighbor I suppose :)

lol

Actually he his both, religious type first row in church all 4 kids name Christian names ,whistles all day (when he's not screaming like a twat on his kids),does carpentry in his garage and all that,reminds me on Flanders,guy looks like his real life version of him,guess that makes me Homer lol

• Like 5

If your shed windows are south facing then that ought to be enough light, at least from late April/early May onwards. I've grown on a south/south east facing window sill and got decent results.

As for auto seeds, I would maybe try for a "low odour" strain. I've had success with these two strains in sunlight:

Royal Queen Seeds Quick One

Nirvana Northern Light Auto

Neither really smelled like weed until the middle of flower. Both gave reasonable yields with sunlight. I just used everyday fertiliser, i.e. Miracle Grow and Doff tomato feed. Both more diluted than in the instructions, about 1/4 to 1/2 strength usually. I did keep a heat mat under the pot as window sills can get cold at night, or on cooler days. Something to consider for your shed - if the roots get too cold the plants won't like it.

You can take a look at my diary 'Window Sill Grow'. I might be doing another this year, depends how paranoid I'm feeling come the spring. :)

There will be other 'stealth' auto strains that could work, but I've not grown them yet so cannot advise.

Good luck with the grow!

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Crow River said:

If your shed windows are south facing then that ought to be enough light, at least from late April/early May onwards. I've grown on a south/south east facing window sill and got decent results.

As for auto seeds, I would maybe try for a "low odour" strain. I've had success with these two strains in sunlight:

Royal Queen Seeds Quick One

Nirvana Northern Light Auto

Neither really smelled like weed until the middle of flower. Both gave reasonable yields with sunlight. I just used everyday fertiliser, i.e. Miracle Grow and Doff tomato feed. Both more diluted than in the instructions, about 1/4 to 1/2 strength usually. I did keep a heat mat under the pot as window sills can get cold at night, or on cooler days. Something to consider for your shed - if the roots get too cold the plants won't like it.

You can take a look at my diary 'Window Sill Grow'. I might be doing another this year, depends how paranoid I'm feeling come the spring. :)

There will be other 'stealth' auto strains that could work, but I've not grown them yet so cannot advise.

Good luck with the grow!

Thanks for the advice, I’m off to buy some seed. Good to know that I may have some success in my potting shed. I’m still waiting on it being put up, hopefully this week, I’m having to get someone in to lay a base and put it up. My husband isn’t very good at diy and I’m too old. 
thanks again 

• Like 4

Sweet seeds s.a.d auto. Great strain.

Easy to grow.

What might be an issue is humidity it can soon wreak havoc bud and turn to mould v v quick. Just be aware. Could you add stick a couple in 10l pots and move in out the potter day n night? 

Edited by growinggold
Good luck..
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, growinggold said:

Sweet seeds s.a.d auto. Great strain.

Easy to grow.

What might be an issue is humidity it can soon wreak havoc bud and turn to mould v v quick. Just be aware. Could you add stick a couple in 10l pots and move in out the potter day n night? 

I’m a bit worried about humidity I bought a thermometer/hygrometer for the shed, I can monitor it, I bought 3 Northern Light Auto Feminised seeds and got a free Critical Kush Auto, My plan once the shed is built, guy is coming tomorrow afternoon to lay the base, hopefully it will be up by Saturday, is to leave it a week or 2 to dry out, it’s been in my garden for 3 weeks, then I’m going to paint the inside white and put down some vinyl flooring, I’ve not looked into the best time to plant, I will have a read of the forum I’m sure I will find out. I can take them out during the day. Is humidity more of a problem when they are near the end of their growing cycle? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Micron Auto Tao - very small plant and low odour - you also get them as regular seeds and can breed them.

Autobubbleicious - Nirvana Seeds

my reviews below - ignore weights - I get 3 mason jars a year from 5 small plants.

uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/208760-outdoor-strains-uk/&page=25

• Like 2

If you can take the plants out during the day I think you will be fine. Happy growing and please son keep us up to date with how it’s going. 

I have found with the autos I grew last year, is just try not to over complete things. I used tomato feed half what it says on the pack and my girls loved it. I grew Mighty Wonder Fuck it was my first grow and managed 2oz of each plant. I did over water early on which hurt them I think. 

Edited by OutDoor_Grower85
Hadn’t finished
  • Like 3

hi, ms, p shed.. . in the summer it will get really hot , do some research on a solar panel to feed a mini fan to help u also get

mini sky lights so you can open , hope it goes well an keep us info/ . if you have the cash u can add kingspan in between the shed panels:george:  

• Like 2

Had great results with urban legends strains in garden gorilla cookies acid kush gorrila glue all decent smokes as well the GC being my personal choice hear great things about sweet seeds and seed stockers rgsc 

• Like 2