Upping RH in Seedling/Veg Stage

Larry Badgeley

Hi Folks

A quick question. I am in the very early stages of starting my grow for the next few months. I need it finished by June so things are moving.

Whilst I've posted a few replies regarding RH, I'm just toying with a few ideas. I have turned my extraction off and added a small fan for intake. Of course the tent is not sucking in but my thinking is that the air in will be rich in CO2 ( I am using LED so I am aware that CO2 needs to aid photosynthesis) and the air will not be extracted so keeping the RH high. Does this make sense? I have 2 plants about a week or so old and 2 just planted awaiting life.

I could plug the small fan into a timer for it to come on say every 30 mins for 5 mins or so. What do you all think?

Tent: 80 x 80 x 160

Heat Mat which the plants sit on

1 80w Tube Heater (soon to be 2)

I'm in a warm converted loft, which is carpeted and is my office

Floor temps are about 27 though not that concerned about air temps at the minute

• Like 1

If you get an inkbird you can control the heat mat and keep the soil at a set temp - like @inceywinceyspider says 23C is a better option - heck even 20C for roots is OK.

If your air temps are 27C your root temps could be as high as 25C so watch out for cooked roots - especially if they get dry.

• Like 1

I use the same simple method all the time... I cut the arse off plastic pop bottles and fill them with water( and a spot of bleach) and place them amongst the plants, fill every 2-3 days and keep extraction on.... Seems to work for me

On 31/01/2022 at 9:04 AM, grotbags said:

I use the same simple method all the time... I cut the arse off plastic pop bottles and fill them with water( and a spot of bleach) and place them amongst the plants, fill every 2-3 days and keep extraction on.... Seems to work for me

Sorry man but can you explain that again? You cut the bottom off plastic pop bottles and fill them with water? I must be having a duh moment here but I don't get it.

Yes bud,any container will do that u can fit on the deck amongst the pots, just replenish when low. I do this up until about 5 weeks flower and works a treat for me. Spot of bleach in each container to prevent algae. Hth..