Killer Internet Stealth

Barnes

14 hours ago, MonkeyBlazed said:

fingerprint changer

'macchanger', the program, I'm familiar with (although the 'ip' can also do it), but I'm curious about the above. Got a link?

@MonkeyBlazed

I'd be sceptical of those claims from a VPN provider. Most of them a lying shits about what they can actually provide.

You cannot obscure your 'fingerprint' by tinkering with the browser alone.

@j.o.i.n.t I got the nerdfonts onto the terminal and much easier on the eyes, thanks. just a little bit different on this distro as preferences parts been moved to "unamed" within the settings, if that makes sense? Once i found that it was a doddle.

wondering what to do next ? :)

Edited by Barnes

@Barnes Cracking. Now you too can use the poo emotion on the command line :D (press shift + ctrl + u at same time -  then type 1f4a9 - then press enter).

Which one did you choose? I'm all about 'sauce code pro', myself.

And, yeah, there's differences in various distros.... That one of the main reason you have to search for yourself. Yours seems aimed at converts, so may obscure things, or do it differently, I don't know. It's a ubuntu derivative, I think, which is itself a derivative of Debian.

Would you like me to dump some tips on how to approach the command line, or you ok with it? That's where the power of Linux lies, really - but it's not for all, many find it *yawn*.... There's people far more advanced than me, but I've been at it a while so might be able to help you shortcut some stuff if you want.

You need that before getting all hacky and pwning all the things :P

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

Would you like me to dump some tips on how to approach the command line

Just google whatever you want to do then copy and paste commands into your terminal until you find one that works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, j.o.i.n.t said:

@Barnes Cracking. Now you too can use the poo emotion on the command line :D (press shift + ctrl + u at same time -  then type 1f4a9 - then press enter).

Which one did you choose? I'm all about 'sauce code pro', myself.

And, yeah, there's differences in various distros.... That one of the main reason you have to search for yourself. Yours seems aimed at converts, so may obscure things, or do it differently, I don't know. It's a ubuntu derivative, I think, which is itself a derivative of Debian.

Would you like me to dump some tips on how to approach the command line, or you ok with it? That's where the power of Linux lies, really - but it's not for all, many find it *yawn*.... There's people far more advanced than me, but I've been at it a while so might be able to help you shortcut some stuff if you want.

You need that before getting all hacky and pwning all the things :P

I couldn't get the poo emoticon to work unfortunately. I've got the Agarve pack from nerdfonts running in there. Yeah Zorin is an Ubuntu derivative.

If you could post some stuff up that would be great yeah please do. Like Latgid says ive done a lot of just copying and pasting stuff into terminal, understanding how it all fits together is another. Sometimes when something is installed it then needs to be compiled too and that's stumped me a few times. A lot of the programs in the Zorin "in house repository" are a bit hit and miss.. I tried 4 different vpn's from in there (free obv) that wouldn't connect before i got around it using some tunnel software written in C++.

It kinda takes me back to those days when we used to copy the programs out of magazines like Zzap64 and Crash (remember them) but yes j.o.i.n.t understanding why , what, and how is a different ballgame. Thanks for your help

@Barnes

'Free VPNs'

Don't mate. Seriously. That's a pit of snakes if ever there was one.

ETA

Spectrum format was more my world, back then.... used to print some of the code in yellow on white, I seem to remember, and there was misprints. Awww.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t

Just now, Barnes said:

ive done a lot of just copying and pasting stuff into terminal,

I would've put money on that TBH lol

sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root /

Question everything.

• Like 1

@latigid aikon meanie. I'm trying to welcome him into the cult, you're going to ruin it! :D

@Barnes

Don't run that.

Allow me to explain some of the pitfalls of copy pasting shit you don't understand. You'll get stuff like this, and it may break your system. Another risk, if you're on a less than savoury site, say, is that with Javascript can intercept that copy, put in anything BadActor likes, and many terminals will just run *whatever* without you needing to press enter, there's ways to make it happen.

Dont happen often, but it's very doable.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1