Evoponic Data Gathering

Rhombus23

Hello,

So today I went to my preferred hydro shop that shall remaim nameless and bought amongst other things Evoponic's BBC. 

As I like to be as informed as possible I visited their website where it turns out that Product Data Sheets and other info are only available to registered users. To register you are expected to give your name, address and phone number, this unsurprisingly I was reluctant to do. So ever resourceful I used an alias, Bob Marley residing in Buckingham Palace.

This was his response;

"Thank you for your enquiry Bob. Unfortunately we do not sell to the area you live as we have heard their are a few gangstas living there. Good luck in the future knob sorry bob
Sent from my iPhone"

Why does he want this information?

I won't be buying anything else from the prick.

• Like 3

Just now, badbillybob said:

id tell him to go fuck himself, personally

I did. He doesn't like being called a wankstain. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Ahhh.... see...  ignoring the humorous exchange, there is both BBC1 and BBC2 from Evoponic, the SDS would have been uninformative as they are both non-haz products and the evoponic website/label is designed to give you what you need by way of information, the rest is in the possession of the shop owner/stockist to give to purchasers.

If it's not too late, let me help?

BBC1 is a consortia of bacteria for use during plant establishment and vegetative growth, based around Azospirillum and Azotobacter, with other compatible strains. It is used in field crops as well as hydro-systems

BBC2 is designed for use from end of veg/grow through flowering, it contains a rather different consortia of 4 different Bacillus species and two Trichoderma fungi, with a couple of other that you might not recognise. BBC2 was also developed in commercial horticulture before testing in hydro-systems.

With both the pH will remain stable while they multiply and deliver their relative benefits to your plants

The key is that all the species in the BBC products can work together in harmony, whereas other commonly marketed products contain species that compete with each other until domination is established, multiplication is inhibited during this period and the conflict often results in unexpected pH drift upwards.

Any microbiologist will tell you that you cannot simply load a product with as many beneficial species as possible and expect a consistent positive result.

Edited by lildaveham
  • Like 1

I provide technical support and product development especially research work on a part-time basis, I also work with Emerald Research in the UK, Biostyma in E Europe and YANO & Sinochem in China and SEAsia on biostimulant and nutritional research and development projects. I have presented technical papers at more than 50 international conferences around the world and have even chaired some. I joined here to try and bring more science to the discussions, part of my mission to reduce chemical fertiliser and pesticide use, but grow higher quality and healthier foods, dispelling a few myths along the way.

My work with the cannabis crop is not restricted to the UK with current CBD oriented projects in the Baltic, the Balkans, NZ and Australia.

Yes you could say I was affiliated with the Evoponic products, I helped conceive and develop some of them, over the last 18 years. (Not just Evoponic either)

• Like 4

@Boardemon just asking as first two posts about Evoponic and it seemed a bit salesman like. That’s why it helps to say hello etc , introductions help see what people are about.  What do you make of Terra Aquatica lines ? 

Hi Arthur, I would rather people did question who they are discussing with, and whether they know what they're talking about, so many myths and legends in this industry....

I have no experience of Terra Aquatica, I see that they are French and grower-based with objectives that I can only applaud and agree with. If they survive the French regulatory system (your product has to be designed to fit into govt-defined NFU categories) and the new FPR CE-marking requirements, then they will be doing well. The French are all about the perfect process, in Britain it's outcomes we care about. So, as a result France is the most over-regulated market in the EU, if not the world. 

Hope that helps?

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 01/09/2022 at 2:57 PM, Boardemon said:

Ahhh.... see...  ignoring the humorous exchange, there is both BBC1 and BBC2 from Evoponic, the SDS would have been uninformative as they are both non-haz products and the evoponic website/label is designed to give you what you need by way of information, the rest is in the possession of the shop owner/stockist to give to purchasers.

If it's not too late, let me help?

BBC1 is a consortia of bacteria for use during plant establishment and vegetative growth, based around Azospirillum and Azotobacter, with other compatible strains. It is used in field crops as well as hydro-systems

BBC2 is designed for use from end of veg/grow through flowering, it contains a rather different consortia of 4 different Bacillus species and two Trichoderma fungi, with a couple of other that you might not recognise. BBC2 was also developed in commercial horticulture before testing in hydro-systems.

With both the pH will remain stable while they multiply and deliver their relative benefits to your plants

The key is that all the species in the BBC products can work together in harmony, whereas other commonly marketed products contain species that compete with each other until domination is established, multiplication is inhibited during this period and the conflict often results in unexpected pH drift upwards.

Any microbiologist will tell you that you cannot simply load a product with as many beneficial species as possible and expect a consistent positive result.

There was nothing humorous about it.

You are an arrogant conceited dickhead!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, KC said:

@Rhombus23 I think he meant the bit about Bob Marley living in Buckingham Palace man. No need for the insult really.

We had an extended email exchange and he should himself to be an arrogant, conceited dickhead 

• Like 1