how do you ventillate your greenhouses, any lads using fans? and air cleaners/ionizers as exhaust control

moonharvester

I was thinking of keeping few oscillating fans inside greenhouse and I was thinking of installing exhaust fan there too, would that be overkill?

On 1/22/2022 at 7:04 PM, gb1 said:

over kill? 

you do need a way to adjust temps and humidity after all....

This exactly, I just havent seen anything like that in real life and suffered greatly because of borg and lack of that air exchange, just natural wind

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I see you're trying to optimize your greenhouse. This is what do.

Odour:_

Use low odour plants and totally avoid (even discard) the stinky ones. If they smell bad in July by September they will be brutal. I plant middle of May.

Use Lavender plants at the entrance and inside. To prove this buy a few and drive them home from the garden centre - your car will smell really perfumed when you get home :)

Leave the green house door open/ajar - choose the side that you vent carefully - i.e. don't vent to your neighbours.

Nutradol is cheap and a good odour neutraliser. 

I have a small solar panel - size of 2 keyboards and this powers two PC fans. Airs and helps with mould.

Yes paint the glass on the inside, I do this when the plants start getting there big leaves in June as I want lots of light when starting things off.

Camouflage your plants - mix them in with Lavender, cherry tomatoes even flowers, mint, rosemary - you get the idea.

If things are getting desperate with odour late flowering then try aftershave on a garden pot saucer!

Best of luck ;-)

• Like 3

I'm thinking about buying 2 x Cyclone Oscillating clip-on Fans from eBay for the polytunnel this year (4m x 2m x 2m)

I'll probably only utilize them when the temps are above 30°c and the later end of flower.

Has anybody got any experience with using fans outside and would you recommend a particular one?

you will need bigger fans than that in a polytunnel that size i reckon mate, i would be using 12" constantly in flower

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ratdog said:

you will need bigger fans than that in a polytunnel that size i reckon mate, i would be using 12" constantly in flower

Cheers ratdog I'll look into that size