Hash press.

Hugh Jass

So I have made my own hash, it's nice, strong too!

But it would be nice if I could press it into a shape, I have a tiny screw press but it can only hold one to three grams at a time.

I made over an ounce of hash and have a few more jars that I can turn into hash, so I think that having a press that is big enough for an ounce would be nice.

It would be best to have some spare space in the press, as useing something to capacity would be a strain on the press.

Does anyone have any reccomendations?

Small backing loaf tins and an Irwin quick clamp , does an ok job , in one my rosin or hash threads I show it . The tins fit inside each other then use something to spread the pressure and press in clamp .you can also warm them a bit that helps 

This link shows the tins I used originally to pre press flowers , it also works with sift I may have another thread somewhere see if I can remember where lol 

Edited by Arthur Mix
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...

I never have enough Kief for pressing in pucks. My last sift I had approx a 1/4 and set my heat plates to 40° and squished and folded it between some parchment. It was bloody lovely. It’s only 3° hotter than body temp, but went really soft and folded easily. 
A couple of metal plates, some parchment and a vice or g clamp could achieve the same thing. Chuck the plates in boiling water, but don’t let them get to hot, or you will end up with rosin mixed with waste material 👍🏼

• Like 1