Thoughts on this design from Migro?

Yoweed

Hi guys just wondering about your thoughts on this cabinet design I found online and if anyones tried it? From migrow

First attempt at this and I'm looking for something stealthy with minimum smell, but I can't seem to find any negative comments/suggestions on this design whatsoever and YouTube hasn't helped with removing dislikes. Only thing I could think of is maybe too much heat since a fan isnt included, smell looks like it could also be a concern with the bottom vent.

They look like they know what they're talking about and have positive comments on their YouTube, but just looking for a second opinion before I start cutting up this cabinet and can't return.

Edited by Dodgee
Remove link

I'd be concerned about the lack of a proper filter, my first grow was in a small IKEA cab and I used a blower fan with a circular kitchen hood filter and I added extra activated carbon, did not make much of a difference during flower. The smell leaked not from passive intake but through the hood filter and additional carbon. 

A proper filter is a must, a pc blower type fan may be good enough to remove the air but it'll depend on how big the cab is. 

• Like 2

Replace the cheap shitty hailea air pump.....thats noisy as fook and its golden....he does not make that fixture anymore either so you need to factor in a different light.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ricklepick said:

I'd be concerned about the lack of a proper filter, my first grow was in a small IKEA cab and I used a blower fan with a circular kitchen hood filter and I added extra activated carbon, did not make much of a difference during flower. The smell leaked not from passive intake but through the hood filter and additional carbon. 

A proper filter is a must, a pc blower type fan may be good enough to remove the air but it'll depend on how big the cab is. 

Yeah I could imagine lots of gaps in that 3mm carbon, ill maybe keep it as an extra layer of protection if there is space and figure out something else.

I'll take a look at some of the designs on here.

16 hours ago, zen-ken said:

Replace the cheap shitty hailea air pump.....thats noisy as fook and its golden....he does not make that fixture anymore either so you need to factor in a different light.

Thanks for the heads up, only ordered the basics so far so I'll see what I can get as an alt.

• Like 1