Led for 120x60cm Tent.

Green_bhoy

Currently using a 400w MH/HPS in a hydrolab tent which is 120x60. It's been cut down in height slightly because I'm in a loft. My height is around 140cm - 150cm.

It's getting  to the point that I'm having to hang my reflector from the roof of the tent now. Sometimes getting heat stress at the top of my plants and heat spots. This is with two fans blowing over the tops.

I was looking at the viparspectra xs2000 for the tent.

What you guys think of this light for my size of tent?

I grow in coco with airpots. Currently got 2 purple punch og (sweetseeds) in 9l airpots.

Any recommendations from led growers.

Thanks

My floor space is 1200x800 and is HLG Diablo which I run at around 315w , you prob run it less power lol  and make sure you get a brand that doesn’t drop products after six months . 

• Like 3

The site sponsor (ledgrowlights) has par+ pro 240 boards , one of those would be perfect and absolutely piss all over anything viparspectra bring to the table.

Plus there's the added benefit of A1 customer service because they have a sub forum here!

:yinyang:

• Like 3

Thanks for the quick responses.

I'm looking for something on par or better than the 400w dimmable HPS.

Will look at the site sponsor just now.

• Like 3

@Green_bhoy don't get hung up on watts , look at par maps to get an idea of what would be best. 

Sounds like 400w of HP's is a little gung ho for the space you have anyhow if yer getting burnt bits and heat stress.

The ledgrowlights page let's you shop by area which is a very nifty little feature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BilgePump said:

@Green_bhoy don't get hung up on watts , look at par maps to get an idea of what would be best. 

Sounds like 400w of HP's is a little gung ho for the space you have anyhow if yer getting burnt bits and heat stress.

The ledgrowlights page let's you shop by area which is a very nifty little feature.

I've let them grow a little high this time. 

Definitely looking to switch to led.

Time to start reading up on the lights for my size of tent.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Just now, CDF20 said:

@Green_bhoy . What lights did you choose, mate?

I have same tent size in loft 

Not got round to getting a led fixture as of yet. 

Stuck with the 600w dimmable. Using the 400w setting for veg and flowering. Mh for veg, hps for flower.

Need to overhaul the tent setup. I use coco and will be using run to waste next time. Need to make watering simple and easy.

• Like 1

Thanks for getting back to me. I am growing in coco atm using autopots . Filling tank with 10 l canna a and b every 5 days. Never thought coco grow can be so easy. 

Check @Arthur Mix HEMPY BUCKET Coco grow . It's easy peasy and great results.

Edited by CDF20
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, CDF20 said:

Thanks for getting back to me. I am growing in coco atm using autopots . Filling tank with 10 l canna a and b every 5 days. Never thought coco grow can be so easy. 

Check @Arthur Mix HEMPY BUCKET Coco grow . It's easy peasy and great results.

I've got a 2 pot autopot system. Initially I was using the autopot with coco for my first time with coco. Ran into problems and scrapped it and dug out the airpots. 

I would give the autopots a try again. Wonder if you could modify it and swap over the square pots with airpots?

Did u have any build up of salts on the top of your pots? That happened to me.

What's your setup.

21 minutes ago, Green_bhoy said:

I would give the autopots a try again. Wonder if you could modify it and swap over the square pots with airpots?

I think it's feasible. I am thinking same but use fabric pots. Never tried airports but like fabrics

21 minutes ago, Green_bhoy said:

Did u have any build up of salts on the top of your pots? That happened to me.

Nope. Strange especially with autopot as it's a bottom feed 

I use Canna a and b 3.3ml/l ( last days in veg) pH 5.8 but drifting away to 6.1 which is not a problem and plant still happy 

My setup is just for one plant . 15l square autopot with air base and air dome. I am using nothing but 100% Ecothrive coco and canna A and B, running lights 24/0.

Filling tank with 10l of nutes and occasionally using submersible water pump to stir nutes BUT it's not necessary to be honest. Only one thing I do is cleaning tank and valve every 10-15 days.

Edited by CDF20
Grammar

What is your ec at when using 3.3ml/L ?

I don't think I've ever went above 2.5ml/L using canna coco a+b.

Just now, Green_bhoy said:

What is your ec at when using 3.3ml/L ?

I don't think I've ever went above 2.5ml/L using canna coco a+b.

I don't measure EC just pH .

Apologies 3.3ml per 1.5 l of water 

2.2 ml per litre 

Checked my watering notes .

Edited by CDF20
Math