The Loft

Whambud

Yes people :smokin:

so I’ve got a loft space long enough for a good two three runs.

space I’ll be using is 4 meters wide and 5 meters long with a head height of 1.6 meters to 3 meters at its peak. The total width is 8 meters wide but I’m just going to white wrap the walls and floor and go with the measurements above! 

floor is insulated… walls aren’t though and trusses are visible however it’s not cold up there so with some heaters and what not I think I’ll be alright! 

need to figure out how many lights I can cram in there so any rough estimations would be lavly.

Now one of the problems is extraction! The black  tarp is cut open and tiles are visible this is where I think extraction has been done before… long story short it’s been done here before but don’t worry there’s no risk of anyone looking for this not to get into how I know for definite.

anyway I need to come up with a way of extracting… no windows up here! Just tiles and the floor beneath. 

People have been mentioning eaves but I looked today and there’s just the space between the floor and the walls no real air movement hmmm 

I’ve never used an actual loft before but If I really have too then I’d make a hole in the floor lol and go out the bedroom window haha but I really rather not!

• Like 1

I need to double check my fan sizes and filter sizes it’s been in my loft for a while and I forgot lol warm I have a 8” and a 10” or a 6” isomax silent in-line fan with a pretty big filter could be 8” I think shit I need to check! Not used my kit in a while waiting for a good opportunity… you know how it goes so now something good has come up it’s time to jog my memory and plan this thing haha! 

cheers guys! I’ll be making threads and annoying you all with my question lol

pictures up soon! Really appreciate the help guys 

If it’s your house and you’ve no chimney close or it’s being used route I’d go is what a friend did he got a stainless 6” flue from a scrapyard modified it to his roof took some tiles out fitted it looks like a gas flue 

Edited by Devon Cream
  • Like 3

Just now, Devon Cream said:

If it’s your house and you’ve no chimney close or it’s being used route I’d go is what a friend did he got a stainless 6” flue from a scrapyard modified it to his roof took some tiles out fitted it looks like a gas flue 

Not my house pal as much as I’d love to do that it’s just not an option

• Like 1

Just now, Devon Cream said:

no chimney to tap into also which is a bit of a shame

I grew in a loft for about 20 years. I recently started growing in a bedroom in a tent. Your area is larger but I extracted to the eaves and drew air from the house.

• Like 3

Similar space here, 4x3 just about finished extending out into thre eves and doing it out into a chill zone. Only planning on growing 1 or 2 in a small tent 

9 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

I grew in a loft for about 20 years. I recently started growing in a bedroom in a tent. Your area is larger but I extracted to the eaves and drew air from the house.

I have know idea where these damn eaves are man! There’s a dormer… I was thinking I could seal it up and extract out that? 

I’ll get some photos today so people can see the space because my description can only take us so far lol 

• Like 1