Sieve separators like Frenchy

Ronnie Hotdogs

Been checking out Frenchys hash making videos on YouTube and he uses what looks like buckets with the bottom chopped off to separate each sieve and allow more of a water flow through each bag. 

Just wondering if anyone else does this with their bags and if there's any good suggestions as to what to use or do you just chop some buckets up? Seems like a waste of a good bucket so was hoping someone else maybe has come across anything good to use for this.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

There was a song about it I believe

There's a hole in my bucket ....dear liza. There was a moral to it but I can't recall it. I'm supposed to be doing a hash run but I just can't be arsed:(

• Like 2

As long as you use the buckets again, it's not really a waste.

I can't even get my ice to melt today, it's doing my nut now. It's in the washing machine so it's really noisy too. I hate making bubble :taz:

• Like 3

Haha OK cheers guys. The song I know is there's a hole in my bucket, I can't get no beer, think it's like hank Williams or something lol

I must have missed it when he said about it in the vid, I'll just do some choppin then. I've secured the use of the walk-in fridge at work, which also has a hose available too so should be a good situation - I'm looking forward to it actually unlike @KC (not @MindSoup@MindSoup sorry wrong tag) gonna use crushed ice mostly I reckon as otherwise I'd be having a similar problem of the ice not melting

Nice one :)

Edited by Ronnie Hotdogs
  • Like 1

It's not turning out so bad to be fair, it's the 25mu bag I hate doing and it yielded a tiny amount on the first run unlike the 75mu which was sweet. The second run on the 25 yielded practically nothing so that's its final go now. This is my first hash run with led weed, I wonder if the trics mature more under full spectrum or maybe just a coincidence. I usually get loads of 25mu :unsure:

The water is purple too which is cool lol 

Edited by KC
the purple is just cos of one of the strains though
  • Like 1

Yeah seems feasible that the trichs might be different (maybe bigger?) with LED. 

this is gonna be my first hash run in quite a few years so I'm excited 

Purple water is pretty cool man! Should use it for smoothies or something afterwards 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2022 at 3:08 AM, Ronnie Hotdogs said:

Been checking out Frenchys hash making videos on YouTube and he uses what looks like buckets with the bottom chopped off to separate each sieve and allow more of a water flow through each bag. 

Just wondering if anyone else does this with their bags and if there's any good suggestions as to what to use or do you just chop some buckets up? Seems like a waste of a good bucket so was hoping someone else maybe has come across anything good to use for this.

Cheers! 

post-53972-0-21369600-1328269296_thumb.jpgpost-53972-0-04259100-1328269323_thumb.jpg

Lots of ways to skin a cat.  Here is a example of adding stainless filter cloth to the bottom of a bucket, reinforced with screen.  It also shows how I shortened it so that it would nest in another bucket.

I bought two buckets and cut the backing ring out of the bottom of bucket number two.  The screens are sandwiched between about a 10" hole in the bucket bottom and the ring, pop riveted in place. 

I shortened the bucket by cutting it in half just below the top ribs, and then feeding the bottom section down through the top section and riveting in place.

• Like 4

I ended up getting buckets that were too wide for my bags to fit over coz I didn't check em first... :doh:

So I just used 2 buckets and kinda suspended each bag off the handle of one and pour the water through with my free hand,one bag at a time

Not the neatest of solutions but fuck it, it worked lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ronnie Hotdogs said:

I ended up getting buckets that were too wide for my bags to fit over coz I didn't check em first... :doh:

So I just used 2 buckets and kinda suspended each bag off the handle of one and pour the water through with my free hand,one bag at a time

Not the neatest of solutions but fuck it, it worked lol

Hence my reply above. They fit! But the important thing is you made it work. Got any pics?

meguiars bucket x4

Last foreve

Edited by M Pamplemousse