Blumat Hose Connector Alternatives

MindSoup

Hello chums 

I've been working out a new configuration for my Blumats ready for the next run. I've been trying to source some t pieces and 90 degrees that fit the blumat semi rigid tubing. The Blumat ones are a total rip off, but the clever wankers have a made them an odd size, but I'm not prepared to go down without a fight, at this point its more about not letting them win than being a tight arse (honest). Generally plastic/brass hose connectors come in even numbers 4mm,6mm,8mm etc but 6 is too small and 8 is too big. I can find 7mm (according to the listing) t pieces, but no 90s. 

So before I just bend over and let Blumat shaft me, I was hoping some clever dick has already found an alternative solution, I have used silicone tubing before, but its floppy and likes to sag which sometimes pulls the dripper tube out of place or causes a kink. Maybe just some electrical tape/PTFE round some 6mms or something like that, I've got a few ideas  like just melting the ends shut om some t pieces. but I would rather not take a chance on finding out if they work lol

@growinggold @blackpoolbouncer you guys are Blumat users, any suggestions? 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

I put a filter on that was a bit big, just dangled the pipe end in hot water then jammed it in there, can't get it off now.

I think I've found the source of my confusion. My 6mms are brass and my 8mms are plastic, but the design is different.. I think some 8mm brass or 6mm plastic may actually fit. I've ordered some 6mm plastic ones to find out. I'm determined not to let Blumat win even if I have to spend way more money on fittings that don't work lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MindSoup said:

I think I've found the source of my confusion. My 6mms are brass and my 8mms are plastic, but the design is different.. I think some 8mm brass or 6mm plastic may actually fit. I've ordered some 6mm plastic ones to find out. I'm determined not to let Blumat win even if I have to spend way more money on fittings that don't work lol

thats the spirit......

put the hose in boiling water and it will expand, if that helps

if its a tee that you need to use as a 90, then just fit a bit of hose, double it back on itself and zip tie it.

im not sure wjhat the issue is here, but i am extremely mangled....so if im spouting shit, excuse me. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

im not sure wjhat the issue is here, but i am extremely mangled....so if im spouting shit, excuse me. 

Me too tbh lol making mountains out of molehills lol

• Like 2