How to cure after using SpinPro

J.C

Hi all,

Someone else asked this but didn't get a reply, due to circumstances I've had to crop and instead of the usual hanging for 2ish weeks, I've had to whack it all through the SpinPro with no drying time.

I've put it all into jars and am planning on putting it in a cool, dark place and burping every day but given my situation is this the best way?

Cheers

Don't put it in the jars if it's wet mate, good chance it will go mouldy. Can you put it on a drying rack? You must have seen them, its mesh shelving you hang up and layer the buds on.

Search herb drying rack, they're about 15 quid 

• Like 7

@J.C

Iirc spin pros are for trimming wet buds and then you will need to dry the buds before they can go into the jars to cure otherwise they will rot.

In your other thread you mentioned that you need to get them in the jars and out of the way for the 24/1/2022 that will be plenty of time to dry them to the point where they can go in sealed jars for a cure. Spin pro trimmed buds will dry quicker as you have many open cuts on the buds and leaves so the moisture will be able to escape easier so you will need to check them daily incase of over drying.

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Dont put wet buds into jars.

Ever you are asking for trouble.

Just wet fuzzy mouldy bud.

I have a spin pro, just lay the buds on netting .

Jobs sorted.

If ya have to just leave them on the bottom of a carboard box with the lid open.

If ya want any buds to toke.You will take those wet buds out the jar right away.

Otherwise your you will end up with rotten mouldy buds.

And thats something ya dont want after ya spent all that time growing them.

Edited by hashi

Thanks all, I'm panicing a bit and forgot I had two of those hanging nets.

I'll get them out of the jars, stick them in nets and keep the tent up at the right temp and humidtity.

• Like 3

hi @J.C I trim mine in a trimzilla (bowl trimmer) then lay the buds on cardboard, turning a few times daily over about a week - till its dry.

mystic

Just wanted to say a big thanks for all the help, finally got it all trimmed and into drying nets last night.

Quick question -

I've got my extractor fan on low to keep the humidity in check (currently at around 55%) and my two tube heaters going on and off to keep the temp at around 16-17c. Is this about right for a setup? When I had a look at the stuff I cut on Sunday it was already quite dry?