Purple Punch OG x2.

Green_bhoy

I thought I would show a few pictures of my current adventure with sweet seeds.

Currently got 2 in 9l airpots and I'm on day 47 of Flowering. First time I have mainline the ladies. Managed to create 8 large buds on each plant.

I've upgraded from my last sweet seed grows from a DR60 to a tent which is like another DR60 added. It's 120 x 60cm tent. I bought a dimmable ballast and now I can use it on the 400w setting. I used the 250w MH for a little veg then onto the 400 MH. Currently using 400w HPS.

I'm still doing coco with Canna nutes. Calmag, rhizo, a + b. 

I'm feeding every day. There getting 2.5l till some run off. Ec 1.4   Ph 6.0-6.3

1 of my ladies is turning a purple colour on the leaves. Im not sure if this is some kind of deficiency. She seems fine. Maybe somebody could help me out on that one.

I'll put a few more pics up during the last week's till the end.

Happy growing.

large.20220106_173942.jpglarge.20220106_174036.jpglarge.20220106_174511.jpglarge.20220106_174621.jpglarge.20220106_174647.jpglarge.20220106_174656.jpglarge.20220106_174704.jpglarge.20220106_174830.jpglarge.20220106_174943.jpg

• Like 15

Hi Green_bhoy!

Wow, that looks really good. Great mainlining ;)

Also nice colours and lots of trichomes. Thanks for sharing, I hope you enjoy the final result :yep:

Sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Hi Green_bhoy!

Wow, that looks really good. Great mainlining ;)

Also nice colours and lots of trichomes. Thanks for sharing, I hope you enjoy the final result :yep:

Sweet smokes :oldtoker:

tommy

What do you think of the purple leaves Tommy?

Could this be because of having Grand daddy purple and purple punch in the strains lineage?

I haven't changed anything  from my last grows (Growing wise.)

The canopy temps have been on the low side with lights off but my root temps never get below 19c.

I have a heat mat and a small boxed in oil radiator that's on a inkbird thermostat connected to the intake. The  inkbird is set to 21c.

It's the first time I've seen purple on any leaves. 

Thanks for looking.

• Like 3

Hi again mate,

Is this from seed or from clone?

I'm not sure if you are saying that you haven't changed anything from your last grows as considering these are clones from the same mother you used before or if you grew other strains in your previous grow (or the same but from seed) and that's just a simple observation. Please confirm that and I will share my opinion with you ;)

Kind regards,

tommy

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Hi again mate,

Is this from seed or from clone?

I'm not sure if you are saying that you haven't changed anything from your last grows as considering these are clones from the same mother you used before or if you grew other strains in your previous grow (or the same but from seed) and that's just a simple observation. Please confirm that and I will share my opinion with you ;)

Kind regards,

tommy

Hi tommy.

The two grown are from seed. Still got 5 from the 5+2 pack I bought when they were just out.

In terms of not changing my growing, I've just kept doing the same as my last coco grows. This is my 3rd time using coco. I've kept it simple with just the A+B and calmag. Stopped using the rhizo at the moment. No boosters or pk additives used. Never used boosters infact.

Just curious about the purple leaves as I haven't seen this before, only in pictures. When I did search about it I saw stuff about phosphorus deficiencies. I wasn't too sure if I have done something wrong.

Think there is only a couple of weeks to go. Can't wait to see how they finish.:thumsup:

• Like 2

Guest anarchycamp

I've been growing a purple punch hybrid this past year and it has grown purple leaves on all but the summer crop. Make of that what you will!large.IMG_28042021_194737_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg

Looks cracking btw! You should get it in the bud too

1 hour ago, anarchycamp said:

I've been growing a purple punch hybrid this past year and it has grown purple leaves on all but the summer crop. Make of that what you will!large.IMG_28042021_194737_(1000_x_750_pixel).jpg

Looks cracking btw! You should get it in the bud too

Your bud looks lovely. Similar to the buds that's on 1 of my plants. The other is all green. Different phenotype.

Maybe kicking myself for not taking a few clones of the purple one :wallbash:

• Like 2

On 07/01/2022 at 10:55 AM, Green_bhoy said:

Hi tommy.

The two grown are from seed. Still got 5 from the 5+2 pack I bought when they were just out.

In terms of not changing my growing, I've just kept doing the same as my last coco grows. This is my 3rd time using coco. I've kept it simple with just the A+B and calmag. Stopped using the rhizo at the moment. No boosters or pk additives used. Never used boosters infact.

Just curious about the purple leaves as I haven't seen this before, only in pictures. When I did search about it I saw stuff about phosphorus deficiencies. I wasn't too sure if I have done something wrong.

Think there is only a couple of weeks to go. Can't wait to see how they finish.:thumsup:

Thanks mate.

Yes, the purple tones come with the genetic, but not all the plants show purple tones. Maybe around 20%.

Low temperatures may also have this effect, but in your case judging for the photos it's a genetic trait.

Enjoy it ;) Kind regards,

tommy

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Thanks mate.

Yes, the purple tones come with the genetic, but not all the plants show purple tones. Maybe around 20%.

Low temperatures may also have this effect, but in your case judging for the photos it's a genetic trait.

Enjoy it ;) Kind regards,

tommy

Thanks for your input tommy.

Think I've missed a trick not taking any clones from this lovely plant. I always say at the start of a grow to take clones and never end up doing it. 

I can't give yous a description of the smell at the moment. Had covid and still waiting on my smell coming back. Slowly but surely. 

These plants are covered in trichomes. Going to make lovely hash with this.

Take care

• Like 2

You're welcome ;)

Well, I have an idea about the smell, hehehe, I hope you can also feel it soon because it is delicious :yep:

Have fun with it!

tommy

• Like 1

Just a small update..

I'm on day 57 of flowering and they are getting along great. Got heat stress on both plants. I've got two fans blowing across top of the plants. I'm not far from the finishing line.:thumsup:

They are on 1.3ec and Ph of 6.0 - 6.2.

Still getting 2.5l feed everyday just when light comes on. Trichomes on both plants are milky a few clear too. I'm going to wait till I see a few Amber's before chopping probably.

Will post again sometime next week.

Happy growing.large.20220116_172242.jpglarge.20220116_172247.jpglarge.20220116_172330.jpglarge.20220116_172310.jpglarge.20220116_172436.jpglarge.20220116_172416.jpglarge.20220116_172346.jpg

• Like 8