RSO oil solution needed

CannaKay

Tnx for the replies guys ! 

Yeah it seems a place to do it is going to be a problem , I already shit myself when I do it in the kitchen with the 30x30 cm bowl.

mainly because of ignition and also my neighbour , she’s been moaning many times about “smells” already and that’s the last thing I need. 

im gonna have to make it in my father in laws garden , with a narrow garden where everybody can see what I’m doing.

Apart from the last bit it doesn’t stink a green so I might get away with it and if nosy neighbours start asking questions I’ll tell them I’m making limoncello or something lol

Two massive pans it is I guess, I’ll have a look in the mother in laws cupboards before I’ll go n buy anything. 

should have an electric cooking plate aswel.

It’s a shame there’s not much research about this but I’ve seen that some early studies suggest that indeed it can halt or even kill a tumor without harming healthy dna , but this is in animals. 

apart from just “claims” there’s no human documented proof that it works but I say it can never hurt trying , after all it’s just cannabis and unlike chemo it doesn’t kill healthy dna. 

Worse thing to happen is him being stoned for 90 days but since he’s a toker already I don’t see that becoming a big problem for m.

unless it’s just too strong , I’m gonna have to fill some capsules and he’s gonna have to shove them up the back side lol 

cant wait to have this convo with m lol 

tnx for the replies/links guys I’ll post some pics of the end product and hopefully I’ll still have my eyebrows.

Strains I’m gonna use:

bubba kush 2.0 (hso) x2

san bacio gelato (hso) x1

purple moby dick (dinafem) x2

skunk #1 (dutch passion) x1

ssh x psychosister x honeybadger (subbie selection) x3

solution will be iso 99.9% :hippy:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Diddy said:

Safety first especially with alcohol or butane. Recall the 1st rumour about Grenfell was some guy was making oil... There was a lad not far from my dad's house in Scotland who actually blew up to the point of demolition his small block of council flats making some using butane. 

Do it outside...get that summer marquee out and the neighbours will just assume you have lock down fever...

Yea happened a while ago in Pollok lol 

• Like 3

@CannaKay Does your Father-in-laws condition prevent him from being able to swallow? I only ask because potency ingested vs absorbed directly into the intestines may be different. 

This isn’t meant to be funny, but it’s kinda ridiculous—-

there was a trend with dumbass kids here in the states called “butt chugging.” Essentially a booze enema and it killed kids from alcohol poisoning. However, for whatever reason, potency as absorbed directly through the intestinal wall is apparently drastically different vs ingesting orally with booze.  Perhaps with cannabis, too.

just something to consider, maybe.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, bartman said:

Kudos to you for being able to do this. Respect.

If you haven’t cropped yet maybe it’s worth considering cropping just a 1/4 of your plants due to immediacy of your situation and leaving the others to go another week under 12/12 lights. It will affect your total oil return positively imo.

As already said by others, make in batches and evaporate using a rice cooker (OUTSIDE) is the best way to go. Standard pyrex bowls or jugs help, as do glass milk bottles for collecting after filtering, if you’re searching around for suitable aparatus.

Personally I prefer Acetone as solvent over ISO. It evaporates faster and smells less disgusting when in the rice cooker, outside. 99.9 % pure works best.

Good luck to all invloved, in particular your father-in-law. :yinyang:

Take a look at Jeff’s instructional vid in my sig.

e2a a cheap coffee percolator with glass jug and hotplate can also be a handy bit of kit when in the final purge stages. Outside.

I used to make hash with acetone but always had the feeling I was putting it in something waaaay too chemical , maybe it’s the smell I don’t know , is this a general accepted solution for these purposes? 

Just now, Cajafiesta said:

@CannaKay Does your Father-in-laws condition prevent him from being able to swallow? I only ask because potency ingested vs absorbed directly into the intestines may be different. 

This isn’t meant to be funny, but it’s kinda ridiculous—-

there was a trend with dumbass kids here in the states called “butt chugging.” Essentially a booze enema and it killed kids from alcohol poisoning. However, for whatever reason, potency as absorbed directly through the intestinal wall is apparently drastically different vs ingesting orally with booze.  Perhaps with cannabis, too.

just something to consider, maybe.

Tnx for the consideration mate , yeah lol kids do daft stuff not heard that one yet , damn lollol

From what I’ve understood inserting capsules with rso oil that way, will not cause any psycho activity. Not gonna lie , I can’t “back” this up with personal experience lol  But I’ve read this a lot. 

I might be wrong.

• Like 2

Correct, suppositories won't get you even slightly high no matter the dose. All the thc enters the bloodstream via the rectum not the liver, It's the liver that converts thc into 11-Hydroxy-THC, which is far more potent than vaping/smoking. It's a very good way of getting the tumour shrinking goodness in, without the massive freak out dose for a non stoner. 

As for rice cookers, they're £20. I have a giant fan and it's positioned to blow over the rice cooker set in the door way on a cold evening. This way the vapour get blown immediately into the back yard, and all neighbours have their wondows shut. I evapourated 15L of ethanol in 25 mins in the rice cooker but by far the most time consuming is filtering the ethanol through coffee filters. That takes hours but pays off for a quality oil.. 

• Like 5

@Slippy One in no way I’m I an expert so forgive me if this is common knowledge but why a coffee filter ? I’ve always used bubble bags to do this , the filtering bit is the easy bit it’s always getting rid a the iso that ruins the fun for me. 

Most likely the 25u bubble bag would be faster but coffee filters are super cheap and do a good job of removing all solids. As for boiling ethanol/iso, remember that it boils at 79°. Make sure you’re watching it like a hawk and have a small pot or metal bowl and spatula nearby for when you think it’s nearly done. Then just finish the oil in a hot oil bath around 120°C for 20+ mins. I find if I manually turn the gas hob towards off, I can get a tiny flame heating the oil in a pan to a perfect 120°. Sit the small jar of your evap oil in this oil bath bain marie style. Once the tiny bubbles stop and the oil is bubble free, you’re done, decarbed and purged!  :yep: 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Slippy One said:

I evapourated 15L of ethanol in 25 mins in the rice cooker

@Slippy OneHow? As it takes  a couple hours in my rice cooker to do 5ltr , just think i may need a new stratagy(sp):yinyang: as for rectal ,i though there was a point(in there) that it would give a hit if you got the cap to that point?

Edited by Personunknown

It is not good or safe practice to evaporate ISO/IPA over a lit gas hob, ever, even if it is bain marie style.

That’s not just my opinion, it is common sense too.

Gas hob Bain Marie for chocolate yes, gas hob Bain Marie for ISO (or any other solvent) no, not ever. :!:

Think safety and do it all outside.

Edited by bartman
  • Like 5
9 hours ago, CannaKay said:

is this a general accepted solution for these purposes? 

Yes, however some would argue it not being the best solvent for making FECO (Full Extract Cannabis Oil).

Most tend to use ISO in UK but I often use Acetone and have no issues.

Edited by bartman
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Personunknown said:

@Slippy OneHow? As it takes  a couple hours in my rice cooker to do 5ltr , just think i may need a new stratagy(sp):yinyang: as for rectal ,i though there was a point(in there) that it would give a hit if you got the cap to that point?

It's a large rice cooker with a large surface area, several hours seems a bit off for 5L, mine boils like mad which is why I use an industrial floor fan pushing it out the door. As for the suppository, unless you have contact with the liver, it won't do anything. The blood vessels around the rectum are post liver vessels, in fact, the liver only deals with orally injested goods, it's all the high without the high! :D

1 hour ago, bartman said:

It is not good or safe practice to evaporate ISO/IPA over a lit gas hob, ever, even if it is bain marie style.

That’s not just my opinion, it is common sense too.

Gas hob Bain Marie for chocolate yes, gas hob Bain Marie for ISO (or any other solvent) no, not ever. :!:

Think safety and do it all outside.

Just to clarify, I use an oil bath (bain marie style) for the final purge, after the rice cooker. If there's any ethanol left by this stage, it's a small quantity and most likely long gone after the Co2 bubbles stop (20 mins). After that, there's zero solvent left therefore no danger of ignition. :yep:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bartman said:

Yes, however some would argue it not being the best solvent for making FECO (Full Extract Cannabis Oil).

Most tend to use ISO in UK but I often use Acetone and have no issues.

Back in the 90s if we ever got landed with a bar of particularly bunky hash we would dissolve it in acetone, filter off the insoluble contaminants before evaporating the acetone to yield a very dark almost black oil. 

Nothing like as clean as modern bho or qwiso even but often very potent.  At least in comparison to the fucking bunk it started out as anyway. 

Iirc the thing with acetone is to make sure it's the 99.9% pure and not the lesser grades. 

The difference between 97.5 and 99.9 sounds negligible, and in terms of volume it is.  But it's the stuff that makes up that 2.4% difference that's the problem I think..?

• Like 4