Cloning under hps light

Al_b1984

Hi there, 

first time taking clones tomorrow and I’m just wondering is it ok to put them under a 600watt hps light in a heated prop keeping the light far away like 5ft or am I better having them in the corner slightly out the light , the light is on 24hr any help appreciated 

• Like 1
Just now, Al_b1984 said:

So are you saying I can’t use an hps light, and sorry mate I don’t understand about the thin material I am very new to growing/ cloniy

HPS is ok just a bit too strong for clones so put them in the propagator with a thin T Towel over the lid.

Best light for clones is CFL, they need hardly any light at this stage as they're busy putting down roots.

• Like 3

You can do what you said mate,far away and off to the side should be fine.

If you're cloning though id think your gonna need another little light/mother room/clone room at some point though?

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Hi @stu914 you well mate?

Hi bud, good thanks, just pulled a nice crop of Bruce Banner...(that's if you like high THC that smacks you in the chops..:rofl:)

Takes me away from all the false bonhomie and bullshit this time of the years spawns, roll on 2022...

How's about you and yours?

@stu914yeh man we all good...youngster got covid and im on my 4th week in bed with a slipped disc but apart from that all's well!!

Good to hear all's golden with you mate

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
  • Like 1