Possible to clone with no veg?

Weedtotheroach

Does anyone have any experience with cloning 12/12 from seed 

Would it be possible do you know to clone mr nice's ssh if I go straight to 12/12 after they are 2 weeks old say.

Cheers 

• Like 1

You can clone in flower so I can't see why not. Can't say about the 2 weeks as I've never tried it. They might take awhile to get back to normal  though, as any cuts taken in flower. 

• Like 1

They will veg for a few weeks  until they are sexually mature anyway, so the answer is yes you can take clones before they set flowers, No probs.

:yinyang:

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 2

I imagine clones off a 20 week narrow leaf would be better start off 12/12. I often wonder if clones root faster when given extra dark 12/12, I'm usually an 24/7 or 18/6 cloner, all at 25C that is..

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Weedtotheroach said:

Does anyone have any experience with cloning 12/12 from seed 

Would it be possible do you know to clone mr nice's ssh if I go straight to 12/12 after they are 2 weeks old say.

Cheers 

Yes you can do all of the above but a lot of the more recent SSH is not as extreme haze types as in the past so rooting clones under 12/12 and then continuing straight to flower  would be counter productive  i would imagine but theres always the exception of course.

Best to clone on 18/6 then soon as roots are visible put into flowering.

• Like 2

imho the best time to take a clone is when the seed plant reaches maturity ... e.g when the fan leafs have grown out to 9 or 11 blades sometimes 13 ! then the plant is fully ready + the clone will replicate its mum,taking a clone from a child possibly the clone remains a child not being able to mature !!!  :beer:

• Like 1

I've taken clones from plants 3 weeks into flower with buds forming.

They root as per usual but you have to make sure to remove them from high humidity (95%) as soon as they take root.

If you leave them with the dome/plastic bag on for too long the "buds" will wilt and the thing will die.

Going to have to reveg my Strawberry Glue Cake if she turns out to be a knockout smoke.

• Like 1