Dutch Passion Duds

I noticed Tony has suggested messaging him about problems with Dutch Passion seeds, but I am not allowed to message anyone as I haven't made enough posts. I Travelled to Amsterdam, bought 3 packs of DP seeds ( I think they were Super Lemon Haze, but it was while back ,so could be mistaken). Only 4 seeds popped out of 3 packs - we needed 12 plants and I had purchased 3 tins of seeds at a cost of 70 euros a tin. I seem to remember there were 7 seeds in a tin, but there were more than enough for us to get 12 out of it, had the seeds been any good. This was all probably about 5 years ago.

This little "scenario" has ensured I have avoided Dutch Passion ever since. It's a shame as they are old school, one of the originals, but once bitten twice shy, as they say.

As a note I should have not only bought more than enough of these seeds, but also bought several other strains from different breeders - hence diversifying my risk even more...here endeth the lesson, I tell myself.

How did you store your seeds?

5 years ago? I highly doubt DP would replace them. If you e mailed me and told me that story, I wouldn't send you some more. gratis.

• Like 4

Travelled to Amsterdam to buy seeds, they've probably been sat in the coffeeshop since 1992 when the last person that actually bought seeds from Amsterdam did. 

As was the way.....

• Like 6

1992, still In nappies  then wasnt you fella? 

People were mostly  buying dutch seed from the back of viz mag back then lol

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

Travelled to Amsterdam to buy seeds, they've probably been sat in the coffeeshop since 1992 when the last person that actually bought seeds from Amsterdam did. 

As was the way.....

I saw a display full of dinafem tins in a head shop very recently and got pretty excited until my inner plants person chimed up with "bro those tins are covered in dust inside a glass case , walk away, walk away"

:yinyang:

• Like 2