Pot sizes

mikeydoughnut

@mikeydoughnut the plants were sound if you do get a dry back just do what Fatboy suggested and whack a bit more feed through to rinse them out. I did feed them at the exact same time every night though. 

I'd look at getting canna coco professional and mixing in the charge yourself. Like gszz said the last few bags I've noticed aren't as buffered as they used to be. 

I've went the opposite way this time and I'm running 5 11 litre pots of compost using blumats and biotabs.

Edited by ukbudz
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I’ll just have to live with the paranoia of my house flooding

It's a bit of a bodge idea but would work - Get a roll of that thick plastic sheeting and a few rolls of gaffer tape from screwfix and tank the room, should only need 6-10" up around the walls for 20lt of spillage - if possible, don't know your set-up - good luck mate.

• Like 1

It’s a fair enough call @QQ710 but i sleep in the same room so I need room to live too like. Need a big cabinet just for all me tenga eggs, dildos and poppers lol 

I get too many ideas at once. It’s all because I’ve got so many bastarding seeds. Not 10 minutes ago I was considering running concurrent tents like I am now but a few small pots with the blumats. Just to sorta help hunt through packs of seeds. So the res could be small enough I could just sit it atop something a size up maybe and a high sided tray incase we get a run away dripper.

Its a reyt cunt this growing lark. Honestly it’s all I think about. I hate going to work. Wanting to grow nice plants and as many variants as possible has taken me over. Its fucked up. Possessed by it like. Obviously my children come first but after that it’s growing nice plants. It’s not even the thought of nice weed as an end product. I just want to grow aesthetically pleasing plants. 

• Like 5

Had to google Tenga eggs - they do look fun :) gunna order a box of 6, weekly!

Just think - with black plastic all over the floor and walls - would be easy to clean!

13 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Its a reyt cunt this growing lark. Honestly it’s all I think about. I hate going to work. Wanting to grow nice plants and as many variants as possible has taken me over. Its fucked up. Possessed by it like. Obviously my children come first but after that it’s growing nice plants. It’s not even the thought of nice weed as an end product. I just want to grow aesthetically pleasing plants.

:rofl::D Nicely put bro

Just been looking through your diary - you already got males jizzing all over the place! - black plastic sheet idea mate, its a winner!

Good luck with the breeding :) plant breeding, defo want to try it one day - strain QQ710 - a cheesy cats piss widow.

Weeds just been legalised in Malta - EU probably next!

Enjoying your diary - good luck mate @mikeydoughnut

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, QQ710 said:

Had to google Tenga eggs - they do look fun :) gunna order a box of 6, weekly!

lollol 

On 14/12/2021 at 0:18 PM, zen-ken said:

You really want an automatic watering system if you go coco imo.....either that or a lot of time.

They want to be watered every day in the beginning.....By the end of flower 10 - 25 times a day is not unreasonable with current thinking 

Start in small pots and go up in size....dont go straight into a large pot.....I would use the air pots for this to increase dry back rate. :yep:

70/30 it with vermiculite (a little perlite but the vermiculite is important imo ref: Bruce Bugby maximising cannabis yields -apogee instruments youtube)

I used hand water a minimum of every three hours lights on and once light off in full flow......The science favours higher frequency feeding than this tho and the results are well documented.

:skin_up:

Jesus Really?

I have only been feeding mine in a 12 ltr pot 2ltrs a day.. the growth has been OK but maybe I should get to her more often 

• Like 1

Im confused.

Final pot size is dictated by watering. You size the pot so it is just going dry before you next water.  Your pots are over dry before you water, so you are not over watering and your pots are too small. you seem to be in 3 to 5 L pots.  They are tiny.

12L fabric or air pots sound ideal for you. or bigger. you could also try some slow release watering things - a 3L fissy pop bottle, bottom cut off, upside down with a slow release nozzle. You water the pot, then fill the bottle and it slowly releases the extra water. tbh i always find them a little unsatisfactory - they tend to release to quickly, but they are cheap as chips, so worth trying.

Have you though about hydroponics? a simple hydro set up should be ideal for once a day. a wick grow with coco? Not tried wick with cannabis - works very well with peppers.

oh, and relax. its normal to be a bit stressed at periods in any plants life - but always? if its too stressful, dont do it, or find how to adapt it so it isnt stressful.

Just now, Newcouch said:

Final pot size is dictated by watering

You decide the pot size by plant numbers and size. More plants smaller pots less veg time, less plants bigger pots more veg time.

Wether I run 16 plants in 3.5 litre pots or 4 in 11's they always get watered once per day in coco when there fully rooted out.

• Like 2

Just now, ukbudz said:

You decide the pot size by plant numbers and size. More plants smaller pots less veg time, less plants bigger pots more veg time.

Wether I run 16 plants in 3.5 litre pots or 4 in 11's they always get watered once per day in coco when there fully rooted out.

although it doesnt look like it immediately, this is complimentary, not disagreement.

• Like 1

I'm personally using 3gal pots of pure coco i water 3 times a day but I've missed it at points and the salt build up isn't that bad i'd imagine a 3.5 or 4.0 would do it, i vegged for 6 weeks btw.

Also the blu mats might not be a bad idea if you can come through once a day to run some water through and check ppm's to make sure it's not building up salts.

Edited by Redstripe

When I first used the blumats I used canna terra pro plus soil and the terra nutes. I know that a lot of people have doubts about the pro plus soil but I didn't have any problem feeding. Thing is the plants grew like fuck, just kept drinking, comparable  to coco/hydro.

• Like 1

@inceywinceyspider I don't think there is much to knock about Pro Plus apart from it's not very rich in nutrients. Well I found it weak anyway, say compared to the normal Pro version. I do recall the pots rooting out fast in it.

• Like 1

On 14/12/2021 at 0:18 PM, zen-ken said:

You really want an automatic watering system if you go coco imo.....either that or a lot of time.

They want to be watered every day in the beginning.....By the end of flower 10 - 25 times a day is not unreasonable with current thinking 

Start in small pots and go up in size....dont go straight into a large pot.....I would use the air pots for this to increase dry back rate. :yep:

70/30 it with vermiculite (a little perlite but the vermiculite is important imo ref: Bruce Bugby maximising cannabis yields -apogee instruments youtube)

I used hand water a minimum of every three hours lights on and once light off in full flow......The science favours higher frequency feeding than this tho and the results are well documented.

:skin_up:

This is nonsense... Easily get 16-22oz from 6 plants in 6 litre pots if his environment is spot on. (600w light) watering once a day only. 

I agree yeah pot up but don't tell the dude he needs an auto set up... absolute nonsense 

Edited by lennyd79
  • Like 1

On 14/12/2021 at 2:18 PM, mikeydoughnut said:

So if I can water daily without it drying out or being over watered that’d be ideal

Its what I do and have done for years. Theres no need for an auto system in coco and no need to water multiple times a day. I water either once every other day or once a day when it gets really warm.

Owd

• Like 7