Charging Biochar

North Star

Hi just wondering if anyone has any tips on charging Biochar had a little look on YouTube but some of the vids are age restricted I wanted to look at…like I’m only 10yrs old ? I’m almost 12 haha, but any pointers on what you use to charge it with & how long ?thanks in advance 

Mix with compost and leave for ten days or alternatively make up a slurry of whatever you wish to charge it with and soak in for 24-48 hours or longer. 

My char gets added to the compost heap as a general rule. No need to make a mountain of a job. 

It's nitrogen that it primarily whores so mixing with ewc/well aged manure, compost etc is all good. 

Liquid charge requires less time than with compost understandably

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 2

Thanks for the reply ,It’s the first time I’m using Biochar & have read if it’s not charged properly it will leach the nutrients from your medium, at hand I’ve got ewc bat guano insect frass & liquid kelp , I’ll definitely look into the slurry method as that looks the quickest to get the them loaded, cheers 

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
  • Like 1

UniversalSerialBioCharger. Obviously :yep: 

Or it might be a Universal Serial Bus- Type C, (aka a phone charger) maybe.  

Don't worry just ignore my terrible jokes mate, amateur hour at the comedy club innit :yep::yinyang:

• Like 1

lol

Ahh well, tickled me at least. 

You googling that is like the forum equivalent of sending an apprentice to fetch some sky hooks, tartan paint and a left handed screwdriver :yep:lol

Nice1 :yinyang:

• Like 4