Bubble Hash Bags

J.C

Just went to dig mine out and they are knackered, my old housemate killed them the last time we used them.

Where is the best place to get a new set, want a really nice quality set that will last me a while.

Cheers

• Like 1

The original Bubblebags from Canada are awesome but I can't seem to find anyone in the UK doing them. They're about 120quid as opposed to 30 but they do last years. I've only had one cheap set, they did the job but eventually the plastic started coming away. Luckily iy was bright blue so I could pick it out my hash.

It really is a case of you get what you pay for!

• Like 2

What about solid metal sift screens instead of bubbling?

Less money, less mess and just as much fun. You'll need to dry the flowers first is the only downside..

• Like 2

Boldtbags are what Frenchy used if you want decent.

Bubbleman charges more than what he should for his - the stitching isn't as decent as his claims with them being done in nepal.

I'm waiting for some 5 gallon bubblebagdude bags to come that were only 40 quid, I'll compare them with my Bubbleman bags that didn't last long as they look pretty identical.

Saving for boldtbags :yep:

23 minutes ago, Exhale said:

Boldtbags are what Frenchy used if you want decent.

Bubbleman charges more than what he should for his - the stitching isn't as decent as his claims with them being done in nepal.

I'm waiting for some 5 gallon bubblebagdude bags to come that were only 40 quid, I'll compare them with my Bubbleman bags that didn't last long as they look pretty identical.

Saving for boldtbags :yep:

This is where I am at. bubblebagdude bags are easily available at the Big River but wouldn't mind some feedback before spending the money. Do you know where in the UK you can get the boldtbags from, a quick search didn't throw anything up.

Reason for going back to the bags is that I've just picked up a very lightly used caravan washing machine for £30 so it all seems more appealing now!

• Like 1

Some people confuse the bubble bag lite versions for the higher quality ones. I’ve had a few before bubbleman ones and they have a lifetime guarantee irc. I’ve seen some of the other cheap ones delaminate the plastic etc. 

• Like 1

Have used the bubblebagdude ones, must be 10 runs. Still looking fine, they were not run through a washing machine though. I would say for the money the ain’t to bad. Hope that helps a bit. 

• Like 1

I'm not bothering with a machine, seems to be hit and miss whether you get one that doesn't let water in to the motor units.

Gentle stir with a wooden spoon or something like that is just as good.

• Like 2

I’ve tried a few different brands and I don’t rate the bubblebagdude bags. They won’t fall apart but the mesh size is all over the place. When checking under a microscope the aperture of the holes in the mesh are inconsistent, which is massively important if you’re interested in grading your hash and hunting the melt. 

Original Bubble Bags are great quality, you get what you pay for and they’ll do the job nicely. 

I use IceXtract bags, they’re not cheap either but they seem to have the stamp of approval of pretty much every major hash producer over in the states. Downside is they don’t have a UK distributor so you’ll need to order direct from the US, with the taxes and postage involved it’s expensive but if you want good solventless gear -they have it :yep:

• Like 10

I'm no melt chaser... my bubble gets banged in a joint or on top of a bowl of flower. I'm happy with my cheap full-mesh Bubblebagdude bags - about 10 runs in so far. I only use the 45µ bag for collecting and the 190µ as a catch bag. I vortex by hand (wooden spoon) in a separate bucket and hose the bag down as I'm working to collect the resin and to clean... they have a gentle and easy life really. Wouldn't fancy leaving them soaking in ISO too often. 

• Like 8

I had an original set of bubble bags from my friend who passed... that I just gave to his nephews a couple years ago..

They are 30 years old and still work fine. I only used the 220/160 then kept everything from 100 down...

oh the bubble days...  almost enough to make a guy wanna burn again, such a select taste.:unsure:

You could always figure out what screening he uses and make your own pillow case with zipper....

to use in a washer  ....thats the cats ass lol..

Edited by gb1

Has anybody ever tried agitating the material in a large 5ltr bottle with ice and material inside.

Turning it left and right to mix up and agitate the solution?

Bought the wrong sized bags, things are tiny!

So thinking i will shake up the material in the bottle first before putting it through the bags to make life easier.

Anybody tried this method?