Its my first time and I'm nervous

Xantrix

Well not exactly nervous and I'm really getting ahead of myself as I won't start growing till october (hopefully) and I intend to read a good few books on the subject between now and then but....

It looks like I'll be growing in a loft under either a 250w or 400W hps probably in soil but maybe hydro. I'm looking for a strain that displays the following characteristics.

#1 Easy to grow as I don't want to screw it up

#2 Not very smelly as I don't want to get lifted

#3 Now I like a stavia (haze) or something leaning more that way (orange bud tho if I remember correctly this is a bit smelly for me) so something leaning to stavia.

So any advice would be much appreciated.

Xantrix

Xantrix, you might consider a Northern Lights X Haze F1 hybrid. The one I'm smoking right now -- a single NL/Haze among an assortment of strains & hybrids -- was a bit blunted by all the seed production (overpollenation... another story). Nonetheless, the sativa influence is obvious with a pleasant high. Odor is definitely on the low end. Very little couchlock from my plant; more of an all-purpose stone from wake & bake to nightcap.

Think it's safe to say that most growers would recommend a 400W over a 250W if at all possible. The price difference is often fairly slight, but the 400W will provide deeper penetration through the leaf canopy of your plant, improving your yield as a result of greater resin & bud production on the lower buds.

Woo Hoo....

Another first grower....

I have just finished my first grow....

White Widow!!! It is some of the nicest weed I have ever smoked.

Believe me.....The 12 weeks of worrying if the police are at your house when you come back from work passes as soon as you have your first toke of YOUR weed!!!

And with all the help the peeps on here can give you, along with a strange maternal instic you'll develop for your plants your first grow will be a stonking success!

Enjoy...

B)

hi Xantrix

pure power plant from nirvana is very cheap at only £10, so not too much loss if you do cock up :rolleyes: They're more sativa than indica, low odor (a lot less smelly than the bagseed or northern lights special i've grown before) and very easy to grow, as a bonus it also yields pretty well lol

have a search on overgrow and you'll see lots of power plant grows

good luck in whatever you choose

gus

Hi xantrix

I agree with phyto to a certain extent. NL5 x haze is a lovely smoke, nice up sativa high, low odour when growing etc (i used to vent from my growroom in the cellar into the floor of the house and smell was never a problem except in the last 2 weeks or so of flowering), but for a first time grower it could be a little difficult to get to grips with and it does take a long time to flower, 10 - 11 weeks depending on whether the individual plant leans more to the indica or sativa side. (the longer flowering ones are the strongest and biggest yielders). Rusty spatula is growing this plant at the moment,

So you might want to try Durban Poison which is a sativa, with a lovely up giggly high, low odour except in the last week or so, relatively quick to finish as far as sativa's go, and with a decent yield.

I did have problems with my last go a t Durban, but i think i was just a little unlucky.

Hope that helps

Chip

Guest bc pete

i have a purple haze which to my confusion has yet to push out any odour???

its in bud, couple of weeks now

would gladly trade it for indica in bud, smellier the better for me

(i used to work at the perfume counter at maceys)

its in the same room as some bb's in full tilt bloom

do you think this may cause the lack of smell from the haze :rolleyes:

bc pete

You're lucky if you can taste food after working a perfume counter, bc pete.

:P

Chip's most assuredly correct on the longer flowering period. I grow a mixture of indica and sativas using two (400W) lights in a single flowering closet, so I tend to forget about the inconvenience of longer flowering periods. Personally, though, I haven't grown a fast yielder that was anything other than a body-slamming indica, but I'm only on my 2nd crop this year after having taken a break for a while.

Durban sounds very nice and I've heard many, many good things about its great flavor; same true of Powerplant (which also has Durban in it). I'd grow either of those in a heartbeat.

Thx for the advice. I like the sound of durban poison but I thought I'd read that it was a bit of a pain to grow???? If not I think I'll go with it. I've never actually tried it but it sounds like just the high I'm looking for.

Xantrix

Hi xantrix

It was probaly me that said durban was a pain to grow. i had a bad experience with it the last time i grew it. I just think it wasnt suited to my latest grow because i've grown it before with fantastic results.

Take a look around. Many people are rediscovering the delights of DP.

chip