Gnats 2 wks before harvest!

Slugums

Its been a while since I posted - hope all is very well with folk! :v:

Wee bit of advice please!

I'm around 2wks, maybe 3, from harvesting a girlscout cookie plant - sensi seeds...

Its been growing just fine in coco with good stable temps (until two nights ago, when it dipped to 18c!)

Today, when feeding I noticed a ton of fungus gnat larvae in the run-off!! :unsure: No sign of damage on the plant as yet - as it s the first time I've seen them, I reckon, at best, I have about 10 - 14 days to kill them, or pull the GSC early!

So, I know I can't spray neem on the plant at this stage, but, it is cool to nuke the fuckers with neem oil by passing it through the coco at this stage?

Cheers! :v:

Just now, highgrower said:

With 2 weeks to go dont worry about them and just finish off as normal.

:thumsup: Nice one! Many thanks! Never had to use neem before, so I'm happy to leave that lesson for another time! Cheers! :v:

• Like 1

You could maybe let the pots get a wee bit dryer than normal for before watering a few times, should help keep the numbers down. 

• Like 2

Just now, MindSoup said:

You could maybe let the pots get a wee bit dryer than normal for before watering a few times, should help keep the numbers down. 

I would, but with coco, there isn't too much scope for that! Still, I let them dry up after they showed up in a cactus a few years back! :D

I did the opposite tonight - I put extra liquid with feed and drained the drip trays fast, soaking up the larvae as they were flushed into the trays... Its a small, hand fed grow, so it has that flexibility. :)

Cheers!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

Neem soil drench... 

Eta - or coco, just seen. 

Cheers! I'm getting some for the larder anyway! :D

34 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I'd still get some yellow sticky pads out so more of em stick to them rather than your buds.

I'm hoping she'll be done before they pop out of the coco, but I'll pop a few in anyway - much nicer than the thought of smoking fungus gnats glued to ma'buds!!

Cheers! :v:

• Like 3