Drying in tent

Killuminati7

Hi all, I have 1 plant drying in a small tent extraction on as low as it can go nothing else in there no fans etc, and I’ve noticed it’s been getting as low as 14c and no higher than 19c are the temps ok or is it getting to low, rh is around 55- 65 , just need someone to say it’s all good really. Cheers :yinyang:

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

@Killuminati7

Fine - just. 16-18c is perfect. Try and get the RH down though it will naturally go down as the plant dries.

Thanks man I’ve also noticed at day 5 of hanging a slight cut grass smell hope this goes away, I can put a small dehumidifier in there but brings temps to 21c.

Just now, Killuminati7 said:

Thanks man I’ve also noticed at day 5 of hanging a slight cut grass smell hope this goes away, I can put a small dehumidifier in there but brings temps to 21c.

The hay smell will go eventually. Long and slow dry is it what you need. 10-14 days. DON'T put the dehumidifier in there. It will dry it too quickly and you will get the hay smell. This is one of, if not the most important part of any grow. A 3-4 month grow can be royally fucked if you dry it too quick. Browse the "harvesting" section on the site. It will tell you all you need to know.

• Like 2

Thanks man I did have a read a few days ago, the rh is coming down slowly each day on it’s own so should have a nice couple week plus dry 

My current crops just taken 17 days before I have been able to brown bag it. As advised above, 16-18c, the humidity should eventually drop provided your outside air isn’t already humid. The grass smell is the chlorophyll breaking down. Dry too quick and that smell is what gets locked in. So, as you were buddy…

• Like 1

Dry it out as slowly as possible, when its dry whack it in a jar a month later - Joy!

I have a small plant hanging upside sown in my loft. Temps 12-18 degrees Celsius. Its been there 4 days and it is still damp. It smells sweet.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I was coming to ask something on this, but seems it's already answered :)

My last grow  I got hit by the cold, badly.  Lost several nice tops to rot :(   To try and minimise the chance of this, I purchased a inkbird humidity controller...now, while I don't have a dehumidifier, I do have a plug in radiator.  As warm air holds less humidity, it's a sideways method of getting to where I want. I set the inkbird at 50%, if it gets to 55 it turns the heater on - seems to be working OK.  For anyone thinking this madness might actually be valid, there is a 10A limit on the controller, I plugged my rad into a meter first and it was only running at a nip over 5A, so I think I'm good. So far my temps are holding at about 18-19, my RH is sitting at about 51.

(there is a question coming... )

My thought was to run it at 50% for a couple of days, then let it go up to around 60% for the next couple of weeks, or until dry.  Obviously if I'm using heat to manage RH, the tent will be colder at 60% - how much of an issue is that likely to be?  Am I better of maybe aiming for 55% or something to try and keep a bit of warmth in there?  Or should I move over to controlling heat from that point in?