2.4m or 3m tent??

Ned The Head

This might be more down to preference but would appreciate opinions please. 

I’m planning a tent size for two 600w Zeus pro 2.9 fixtures. 

I understand that the footprint is best suited to 1.2m rather than 1.5m. But if space isn’t an issue (which it isn’t) would it be more preferable to have that extra space? Or would it potentially be too much space. 

My thinking was that in winter time I could put a 600w hps / CMH in the middle for added heat whilst also having more breathing space year round without having to worry about tent poles to stop tent sucking in as an added bonus. 

My plan was to use a mountain air whisper 200mm for extraction which I imagine would still be up to the task were the 3m x 1.5m to be an option considering LED. 

Thoughts please? 

3m all day.  You can always add strips at a later date to bring it up to 800w a side.  Lumatek, same standard as yours. 

I've got a cmh in between two zeus a 3m now.  It will definitely pull more than you could in a 2.4

big is best 

bigger tent is easier to move around in if you have the space i used to have a chair IN my tent so i could sit with them under the baking hps and watch them sway in the breeze from the fan was lovely and warm and calming untill the light went off and you were in pitch black stumbling to find the zipper   lol 

• Like 8

Gotta be 3m if you have the option. Just arranging a 3m x 2m now which will be in for another run or two. Loads of space n I don’t tend to ram it. Ya need some room in there to manoeuvre.

• 3 weeks later...

@Intense Nutrients Matt @The audio breathing machine sorry just seeing these replies now. Thanks I will definitely go for the 3m. Loving the chair inside…got me thinking that…I could do with a summer holiday away from the missus & kids :B):

I can get two scorpion diablos cheaper than the 2 X Zeus 2.9 where I am. No brainer right? @fatboy77

• Like 1

@fatboy77 Sorry brother, on very opposite ends of the globe. They sell the Diablo’s for about 80

quid cheaper than the 2.9’s which are about 1,280 quid here once they’ve made the long journey over. Guess the HLG have less distance to travel…

Edited by Ned The Head
@
  • Like 1

@fatboy77 ordered the diablos and the 3 X 1.5 jungle room tent (apparently you need the slightly taller 2.2m with these fixtures due to heat) - I won’t tell you what they charge for tents here it’s embarrassing. 

Just one more question if you’d be so kind - I was thinking, what maybe 6 plants in 20l under each light. That sound about right? I know there are many ways to skin a cat but I’m trying to figure out what size pot for six plants per Diablo in the 1.5 space. And then maybe alternatively 4 in 25l pots? 

Thanks for putting me onto these lights. I’ve ended up with a better light at a cheaper price thanks to being made aware of them.  Appreciate that. 

• Like 1

No worries dude, whack a diary together, be good to see them in action. 

I usually run 5x18L or 20L.  You could do 4 in 25's, just a slightly longer veg.  6 doesn't make sense in a square. 

@fatboy77 sweet as, thanks for the info. Gotcha. 
Will whack up a diary next month when I move into the new gaf. Just trying to source a Trolmaster then I will be good to go. Appreciate it :yinyang:

8 hours ago, fatboy77 said:

No worries dude, whack a diary together, be good to see them in action. 

I usually run 5x18L or 20L.  You could do 4 in 25's, just a slightly longer veg.  6 doesn't make sense in a square. 

What is the optimum pot size for a 3m x 2m x 2m in your honest opinion bro. Got a range of options to go at atm…got everything I need for a good go at a bumper crop. 9 alien og kush in the first part of veg at the mo.

@Ned The Head

I doubt you'll have to run them that high, I've got the little brother and its only 20watts less but its got 4 boards instead of the 6 so in theory yours should spread the heat over a larger area. I can run mine pretty close to the tops. 

I tried one plant far away and it came out shit (loose) 

Edited by KC
Predictive
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The audio breathing machine said:

What is the optimum pot size for a 3m x 2m x 2m in your honest opinion bro. Got a range of options to go at atm…got everything I need for a good go at a bumper crop. 9 alien og kush in the first part of veg at the mo.

12x20L would be my choice.  But you could go 24x10L if you want a quicker turn around, less veg time.