Old weed showing sings of mould

B0bbyBuds

I think that's just oxidised so it looks OK - mould would look like a furry fluff inside the nugs and you would get a little puff of spores when breaking it up. Its usually gray or even black by then.

Break a bud apart and have a smell too.

• Like 3

Thank you everyone. Saved me some bud :yep:

Also confirmed it is brown lol Couldn’t distinguish between the oxidised/cured brown from bud rot brown online. When I seen it I thought this does not look right. I guess the structure of the bud put me off a little too and the  terrible trim. 

There’s pics online where they show a normal bud, and then a brown bud rot bud next to it and I can’t see the difference lol I don’t normally think about the colour blindness often but makes me think all the visual nuances I’m missing. It’s more affective for certain colours such as brown,green,red, orange... 

Just brought up a random memory of being shouted and called an idiot at at school by a teacher for colouring a tree brown leaves and green trunk. She was like look out the window at that tree and then hurled some abuse lollol I looked at the tree and didn’t understand what I did wrong :thisbig:

• Like 3

Even better the bud is OK bud. Thought I’d be able to get a quick grow on at a friends place. Turns out I won’t be able too, and I’m running low :fear:

• 3 weeks later...

This is actually some great smoke. Amazing high and a proper creeper (initially thought it was dead for the first few mins lol ). Adding to my limited supply it’s keeping me going for a bit. There was a jar, pretty sure that long branch posted earlier was in there. 

I discovered i have a part full  1 Ltr jar of Sweets Mohan Ram thats giving off a distinct little cloud when you break up the buds ,  found it saturday when going through jars. 

No shame to it as the jars 4 yrs old  ,  truth told i found it too heavy for me , shared the love and the remainder has sat there for years.  

The product itself has turned various shades of brown ,  lost its smell a fair bit.   

The jars now been sterilised and the contents went up in smoke in the fire pit.   On a positive note all the other jars are pukka.   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OldFord said:

distinct little cloud

Been looking out for things like this and got the loupe out. Luckily nothing yet. 

Thought it would be groggy or something given its changed colour thought there would be a lot of cbn or something. But it’s not. Actually the opposite. Very smooth too. 

How did you sterilise the jar? I do have some very old jars, which were in the damp garage which had bits of white. Didn’t want to use them again just been watching them over a long period of time like it’s some mushroom grain spawn lol (there’s a few cm2 of fluffy white, it’s not going very fast) not sure what to do with the weed and jar. I don’t want to open them. 

• Like 1

@B0bbyBuds    I wont take any chances mate ,  once i see any form of mold then the contents are burnt and the jar is sterilised.     Just because you cant see it dont mean its not hiding in there :yep:         I only noticed the cloud upon breaking it up as i was in front of a desk light and the little puff billowed when breaking ... closed the jar , washed hands and dealt with it.   

I use a baby bottle steriliser albeit a larger one to take a few 1 ltrs kilners.     

You can use green light as im positive the spores illuminate .... maybe one of the more technical guys can chime in on this  ?   I know black light highlights certain mold but dont think it works on our stuff ... i could be wrong ... usually am :)      

• Like 1

im pretty cautious. Written off other jars. The only thing about this jar is the colour. No other signs. But understand the colour could be just cause of age so risked it.