Seed taking ages to do anything

Hi uk420

I purchased some seeds from attitude seeds and done the usual germination process but its been nearly 5 days now and don't seem to be moving. It definitely started to germ but seems to have stopped. Iv had to germ it under a light for the heat but temps have been perfect so not sure what to do. The seed was a Dutch passion auto Charlotte angel. Should I just pop another one Iv only got enough room for 1 plant. Hopefully someone has had this issue before and can help me out. 

Thanks everyone 

• Like 1

I've only ever had that twice from memory. Once was Sensi seeds Hash plant and one was S. A. G. E by Thseeds. 

I remember thinking it was frozen in thyme :wassnnme:

Have you got any pics of it? It's not cold is it? They don't like that. 

• Like 5

Temps r good, lights r on 24/7.

Got a cfl 130watt in there. 

Seed is in clover with a cut in half pop bottle over the top for humidity. 

Not to sure if I had the light to close maybe. 

Soaked in paper towel until tap root appeared.

Put in pre wetted compost about 10 to 15mm down then in my grow cupboard. 

Lights on my n for temp Control 24/7

Temp between 21-24.

Just put another to soak now something not right with it

• Like 1
1 hour ago, H1ASFUC said:

Temp between 21-24.

If that's the ambient temp then it's likely to be much colder in the pot.

I agree. Get your temps up.

• Like 2

lights don't matter for germinating. Just heat and moisture levels (light comes into it when the seed pops). If it goes more than a week without popping then I'd give up on it and try another.

e2a 21-24c is way too cold, though.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Seed should still pop at even lower temperatures . Some seed may have a tough shell and take longer to germinate but the other thing to consider is with low-ish temperatures and an indoor environment or in a propagator the soil may sour ,become stagnant and seed rot . I'd wager it's fungus gnat larvae or a little tiny slug hiding out in a pot . Don't be surprised if you find a slug in the attic ! 

• Like 3

i like to keep my pots at 25-26 for germing, cuts also

130 watts should be quite warm, but depends on the size of the tent/cupboard

what space are you in growing in? is your house cold?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback guys

My space is tiny 43×43×86cm and its in an out building. But is well insulated. I'll try and get it a bit warmer in there. I got another soaking now so fingers crossed for this one. 

• Like 1

Also, don’t bury it that far down, I only go about 5mm below the surface and if you pre wet the compost try and leave it a bit for the water to drain out as the soil will be compact. Then use a little stick or something to break it up a bit before you pop the seed in. I find if the soil gets too compact that can stunt the tap root also. I find it best to put it in dry compost with the tap root showing and only add a small amount of water where the seed is so the soil stays relatively airy for the first couple of days.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, H1ASFUC said:

Soaked in paper towel until tap root appeared.

Put in pre wetted compost about 10 to 15mm down then in my grow cupboard. 

Lights on my n for temp Control 24/7

Temp between 21-24.

Just put another to soak now something not right with it

Sounds just like the Seedstockers CBD Critical XXL I popped for my current grow. I used same method but had them @ 25c in paper towel and same for soil. Gave it a week and the tap root hadn't grown or taken to the soil. So I popped a different Seed but left the Seedstockers in its pot just to see and still no change by the time the new seed sprouted. I normally have good luck with germination I've only had one Seed before that didn't Germ that was so Sweet Seeds Sweet Pure.

Good luck with your replacement seed:yep:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Sometimes seeds grow the wrong way as it were. It has just happened to me. I planted 4 beans. 2 came up, 2 non starters. So I carefully moved the soil and sure enough they were there but not growing properly. So I carefully lifted them out, made a small hole and very carefully put the tap root in the hole, case on top. Fingers crossed they get over their difficult birth and grow to be lovely ladies?