Iws imperium plus

Jedlod

Just had a near flood and a near fire!!!!

The timer didn't switch the pump off,ran the res dry and the heater burned the bottom of the res.

I come into the house and luckily the heater had turned off but the timer pump,circulation pump and the chiller pump were still running but dry.the drains I've installed have luckily got rid of the 180l or so of water that's got pumped through the plants to them.

Has anyone had this before?

Can anyone reccomend a more reliable timer?

Could it be the dc pump I'm using that caused this?

Hope this has been put in the right place

Sounds like you was lucky mate.

This is something I worry about , we really need some kind of water level auto cut off for the pump for when shit like this happens , so when the water reaches a certain level in the res/tank it will cut all power to the pump so say a inch above the heater or the pump inlet. 

what timer are you using ? 

Edited by kronic420
  • Like 1

I was mate.that would be great :yep:.I won't be making any diy electric shit.....me and cables don't mix :nope:

Crazy thing is I turned the knob to cancel feed

Switched the segmental timer across to 0 and it was still running.had to pull the plug.put the plug back in and it switched the pump on when everything was still off.dont know why/how it was still getting power!!!

It's an iws imperium plus

I've plugged it back in now ands it's working again!!!!

Interesting. How have you used an imperium timer with an IWS system? The pump in the brain is directly wired in, and the pump in the tank has that kind of small 3 pin screw connection to attach directly to the IWS timer - the imperium timer has 2 UK plug sockets in it. The standard version only has one socket??

So I'm a bit confused? How has this happened? You do know that both sockets on the imperium PRO timer are both activated with the timer? Its not a case of as one goes off the other comes on, as the timer comes on both sockets are activated. 

E2A: Maybe be a little more clear - what kind of system are you using? A Flood and Drain or a dripper??? 

Just now, Jedlod said:

Switched the segmental timer across to 0 and it was still running.had to pull the plug.put the plug back in and it switched the pump on when everything was still off.dont know why/how it was still getting power!!!

Have you put an anti siphon in? lol 

Edited by GSZZ
  • Like 1

Sorry I've not explained properly

I'm only using an iws imperium plus feed controller.a 225 res and a dc pump plugged into the imperium.i don't have the brain pot controller.

Drain to waste system

It's been working for months and I've got the same system next door to it.i have anti syphon on both of them.the digital display was still lit up when all power should have been off.

Edited by Jedlod
Forgot something

Only thing I've changed is from a maxijet 1000 to a jabeo dc pump.its been working for a while so I don't know if it's the pump or a faulty timer 

Another thing.the red feed pump light on the timer was off and the digital pump display was still on and the pump still running.

Thanks for the replies

Any help appreciated

I’d used a standard and pro iws for years and the only thing I ever had to replace was the pumps in the brain or the big pump in the res,found them to be bang on,sometimes the segmental timers can stick so had a spare at hand…been lucky there really to be honest 

Edited by Big dog
  • Like 1

Never thought about replacing the segmental timer.ive got a new one ordered and I'm going to dump the dc pump.ive never had an issue with the iws before the dc pump was installed.

The heater will be getting hung an inch off the bottom.scary moment