Looking like 5 males and maybe 1 female

Afternoon all,

Currently have 6 regular seeds in a DWC setup.

Had couple of issues with the roots but now they're 4 weeks old and it looks like I have 5 males and 1 female. I'm going on the fact the the 5 males are taller and more growing a lot faster. 

The female could also be a male as it was the last to shoot roots and seems to be growing a lot slower and compact. on 18/6 light schedule and just woke up. Also topped the males hoping the female would catch up.

I want to flip them tonight so I can sex in two weeks and take some cuttings if I have any females. 

Any advice please? 

Pics below so just guessing...

I was thinking female

large.20211103_134255.jpg

Sorry about the lights - 5 males with 1 female bottom right

large.20211103_134300.jpglarge.20211103_134239.jpglarge.20211103_134249.jpg

Edited by YOREEL
pics
  • Like 2

Get some fem beans or cuttings as a backup , last thing you need is a sausage fest in yer g.room.

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
Can't type for shit.
  • Like 3

I have three other strains vegging and they're ahead of these. 

I'm not bothered about growing for weight I just want to get the females ;) Might turn out I have none so hence the backup.

• Like 1

If going for cuttings, I would wait till they are at least six weeks to you flip and then take cuttings to ensure sexual maturity in the mother.

Had problems doing it before then in the past, but this is pure anecdote.

I also foliar spray nitrozyme over them two weeks before taking the cuts....not sure if people still do this ?

Using a bloom formula on the clones however does work (once they take) and they can root in stupid times...the increased phosphorus cuts the rooting times down...Ill try and find the paper for you :yep: 

• Like 3

yep, pre flowers is what you want to judge by, plants male or female don't grow in certain ways due to sex ime

i would also wait until they have bulked up before taking cuttings, what light are they under?

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 3

They're 4 weeks old but no preflowers at all. I think they're one of the strains that take longer to veg and it's maybe a little early. 

I wanted to flip and then take cuts and fill this tent with the other strains as I will switch to a 4 pot DWC whilst the cuts veg.

I'll veg them for another 10 days and come back with progress.

• Like 2

Yeah I'll get the stones covered.

They are under 300w Chilled LED pucks which admittedly were a bit far away and set to 150w hence looking a bit scraggly. I will increase the ppfd.

Temps have been pretty low - average of 70F and low humidity around 45% due to having a dehu for my flower tent. Mainly environment problems as I read a few things about regular seeds mainly old wives tales - to get more females lower temps are better, try not to stress or over feed them etc and i think this affected my judgement.

• Like 1

You can get away with turning the dehumidifier off while yer still vegging , it'll probably even work in your favour and save a smidge on yer leccy.

:yinyang:

• Like 2