Smart extension lead help

Gatherer

Hi,

Does anyone use a smart extension lead via google home at all? I never heard of these before today and I'd like to ask a user of these if they can set a schedule to constantly run 15 mins on 15 mins off? It's for my pump in my home made aeroponic setup as my mechanical timer got stuck during it's off setting. 

Thanks in advance :) 

• Like 1

My smart power strip fucked up after just a couple of months and totally screwed up my light schedule, if it lost wifi when it was supposed to switch on/off it wouldn't and a power cut would make it completely shit itself.  Apparently it's quite common for that to happen, but I've also heard certain model's are a lot more reliable. I now use Morrisons £7 digital timers as I've found them to be extremely reliable in the past.

I use individual smart plugs for all my equipment.

it’s been near flawless for me. I have timers set and can set different scenes like “too hot” and it will cut the heater and start the exhaust.. among others.

ive found WeLink to be the most stable. 
you can also set it to remember last power state.. so if something trips it carries on as normal when power is resumed.

the plugs are only cheap and usually sold in 2 or 4 packs. I also use a Sonoff smart thermostat switch that also “talks” to the plugs.

Happy growing ;) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mrtrippsuk said:

I use individual smart plugs for all my equipment.

Same here. I use Tapo Smart Plugs for years and they have never missed a beat.

Handy having individual ones as you can move them around and re-purpose when needed.

• Like 1