What are they?

Hi ALL

I got an insects infestation and need your help

Please could you use this link to my diary as I want to keep all in one place

Thank you!

Hello mate, I'm not an authority on this, but they look like thrips to me. Have you got any flying?

Edit. Posted in wrong place.

Edited by KiwiGold

24 minutes ago, KiwiGold said:

Hello mate, I'm not an authority on this, but they look like thrips to me. Have you got any flying?

Edit. Posted in wrong place.

Thanks for getting back to me, mate!

Nope but I think cos they still small as I didn`t see them yesterday. I overwatered plant for sure and hence the result...Still serching to be sure and then will look for treatments

Well...I think I found out who they are ... First pic soil mites, second pic springtails... Beneficial or harmless ??? Watched videos with different options BUT I think best is to watch the plant as only plant will tell they good or bad. Will check after work and decide what to do ... Looks like nematodes are good against soil mites BUT blimey 50 quid a pack ... Against springtails is diatomaceous earth BUT most of growers agreed that they are harmless so might leave them . . .

Another option is to repot plant not sure it's good option though ... 

Well decisions decisions ...

Yes, I believe you're correct with the Springtails. As I understand it, they're harmless. Still a shock when you first see 'em eh! I've never had them before. 

The first time I found Thrips, was like wooaaah, what the fucks that?

Good luck anyway, sounds like you're on it.

atb

24 minutes ago, KiwiGold said:

Yes, I believe you're correct with the Springtails. As I understand it, they're harmless. Still a shock when you first see 'em eh! I've never had them before. 

The first time I found Thrips, was like wooaaah, what the fucks that?

Good luck anyway, sounds like you're on it.

atb

Thanks mate.

Not sure if it's a coincidence or not BUT they appeared after BIOSYS tea ... 

Yes, they did shock me as these little fu..ers jumping all around and they are very very quick 

Can't find any predators for soil mites BUT looks like nematodes could be helpful ...

If they're jumping about, you could try putting some of those sticky insect traps in the tent. Cheap option if it helps. Works on flying thrips. You could put some low down, if they're on/near soil.

I know it's not the ultimate solution, but sometimes a more collaborative approach works well on the beasts.

Be interested how you get on.

Good luck

1 hour ago, KiwiGold said:

If they're jumping about, you could try putting some of those sticky insect traps in the tent. Cheap option if it helps. Works on flying thrips. You could put some low down, if they're on/near soil.

I know it's not the ultimate solution, but sometimes a more collaborative approach works well on the beasts.

Be interested how you get on.

Good luck

Thanks foran idea mate.

Will try for sure ... these zergs :-) living in soil mostly and don't like to be disturbed

Apparently, soil mites don't  like garlic and cinnamon!

I found the following, online (dont know how accurate it is):

Hydrogen peroxide is a fantastic alternative to chemical pesticides. It can kill most insects as well as their eggs.

Using hydrogen peroxide solution is simple. Just use a 3-percent solution to apply a fine mist over the soil. Stick to a 3-percent solution. Anything higher than that without proper dilution will just burn your plants.

If you’re worried about the effects of hydrogen peroxide on your plants, don’t fret. The chemical compound breaks down into water and oxygen, which your plant can use.

The last para tweaked my interest. But don't think I'd trust it with flowering plants.

atb

1 hour ago, KiwiGold said:

Apparently, soil mites don't  like garlic and cinnamon!

I found the following, online (dont know how accurate it is):

Hydrogen peroxide is a fantastic alternative to chemical pesticides. It can kill most insects as well as their eggs.

Using hydrogen peroxide solution is simple. Just use a 3-percent solution to apply a fine mist over the soil. Stick to a 3-percent solution. Anything higher than that without proper dilution will just burn your plants.

If you’re worried about the effects of hydrogen peroxide on your plants, don’t fret. The chemical compound breaks down into water and oxygen, which your plant can use.

The last para tweaked my interest. But don't think I'd trust it with flowering plants.

atb

@KiwiGold  Thanks, mate for sending me into right direction. Yes! It can be my saviour and I can apply it during flower as well!

Also, will invest in blumat digital moisture probe to be spot on with soil moisture .... 

KEEP CALM AND APPLY H2O2 :badass:

Edited by Canna Denfour20