Drying in a garage

Jack?

My first garage grow is nearing end. I had planned to dry in house in a spare tent with fan and filter. That's not possible now so gonna have to set up tent and fan in garage.

Temps are anywhere between 8-16 in there ATM but could change 

What's the procedure for this ? Worried about temps and humidity

17/18°c @ 60% humidity is optimal, 19/20 is better than 15/16 and 58/9 is better than 61/2 if that makes sense. Might be an idea to draw intake from the house as it will no doubt be closer to your target, insulate the tent and ducting. I don't know what you're budget is but there's a brilliant thread on converting wine cooler fridges into the ultimate drying rig.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

Put a tube heater in there to ensure you see temps 15C to 18C. If it’s a high wattage one put it on a timer and adjust until you get a fairly steady environment. Any colder and it will all just rot which is a big waste of time and effort!

• Like 1

I feel your pain @Jack? as I have to dry in a tent in a barn so a very similar setup, it gets sodding cold in there. 

I have to run an oil rad in there for the drying which does whack the cost of the grow up a bit but with a bit of playing around you can keep it quite a constant environment. Try insulating the outside of the tent, I had layers of foam and carpet on the top to try and keep a bit of warmth in there.

Good luck.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jack? said:

My first garage grow is nearing end. I had planned to dry in house in a spare tent with fan and filter. That's not possible now so gonna have to set up tent and fan in garage.

Temps are anywhere between 8-16 in there ATM but could change 

What's the procedure for this ? Worried about temps and humidity

been there done it....

temps 18degrees and 60% hum

please note that the normal elec dehumidityfiers stop working below 15 degrees...so heating is nessesary..... gear you can rent in building constructions shops..

good luck !

• Like 1

Just now, Jack? said:

Cheers for the replys , seems more work than expected :wallbash:

Cheer up! You only have to buy the bits and pieces once and soon all this will become habit and your weed will dry slowly without risk and bring you a bountiful crop for your jars lol

• Like 8

im just going to add this in here, that seeing as its more than likely the plant will be smoked and inhaled, please make sure the garage doesnt have a corrugated asbestos roof 

On 27/10/2021 at 1:33 PM, DutchFox said:

been there done it....

temps 18degrees and 60% hum

please note that the normal elec dehumidityfiers stop working below 15 degrees...so heating is nessesary..... gear you can rent in building constructions shops..

good luck !

Compressor dehumidifiers will work down to around 10 degrees although the efficiency goes down markedly as it gets colder. Desiccant dehumidifiers work just fine down to around 1 or 2 degrees

On 29-10-2021 at 11:35 AM, Roofless won said:

Compressor dehumidifiers will work down to around 10 degrees although the efficiency goes down markedly as it gets colder.

Desiccant dehumidifiers work just fine down to around 1 or 2 degrees

desiccant dehumidifiers are more expensive...

the 15 degrees i said was the temperature where i could not control the humidity anymore...with the humidityfiers i tried....

and yes in the book in teory 10 degrees should be possible...

2 hours ago, DutchFox said:

desiccant dehumidifiers are more expensive...

the 15 degrees i said was the temperature where i could not control the humidity anymore...with the humidityfiers i tried....

and yes in the book in teory 10 degrees should be possible...

Slightly more expensive - from your name I assume you aren't UK based but the meaco  DD8L junior is around £155  which is only £20-30 squid more than an equivalent compressor model. I use them to keep an unheated basement warm and dry - far far more efficient than a resistance electric heater.

E2a And it comes with a 3 year warranty

Edited by Roofless won
E2a
  • Like 1