TNC Mycor raising EC?

Redstripe

Anybody using TNC mycor? first time i've used it this grow and every time i pot up my EC jumps into crazy ranges was 4.0 earlier today after repotting the day before,
first time i've used a mycor product so is this to be expected? happened twice now when i've potted up and it's the only new thing i've adding into my mix.

Edited by Redstripe

TNC  is in seaweed powder, so may have some ec value. I wouldn't worry about it, it will drop as you water every day with your normal nutes, with runoff.  It's not like  lt's got high N content.

Edited by catweazle1

Cheers for the replies boys gonna double check my coco then but assumed that my seedlings handled it fine it so couldn't be that i thought, regardless it sounds like something dodgy is happening because it burnt my plants pretty badly earlier in the grow.

31 minutes ago, grower951 said:

Interesting... I potted up yesterday and haven't noticed any spike in the run off? I went a bit overboard with it too

Yeah I wouldn't say i over did it but was worried that could have been the case obviously not tho if it doesn't effect your EC.

Edited by Redstripe

Ok so did a couple tests

First I literally just added the mycor to some water no EC raise,
Then rinsed out a pot of coco no EC raise,

I mixed the mycor with the coco and it raises by 1.0 EC and thats just with a light sprinkle.

Is it a dodgy bag or what because it 100% burnt my plants on the first pot up and I have good watering practices never let it dry out.

Isn't it eating the dead stuff and nasties and turning them into nutrient ? (thus increasing the EC) 

I've not tried Mycor yet myself but that's what I expect running Great White and zyme 

• Like 1

Just now, Hippie on hill said:

Isn't it eating the dead stuff and nasties and turning them into nutrient ? (thus increasing the EC) 

I've not tried Mycor yet myself but that's what I expect running Great White and zyme 

The main function is to inoculate the roots with Endos. Once that's done there isn't need to add anymore. I would think anything left  in the coco will get washed out with watering, if done to a good runoff.

Yes then the endos go on to out compete and eat the nasties and dead stuff 

I usually hit the clay pebbles with the Great White once or twice in DWC as it dies back if there isn't any food and the colony will grow again if the food is there for them (issues).

• Like 1