CBN (Cannabinol) Experiment + Insomnia

vape_ninja

large.61758e2373551_THCdegradingCBNexperiment.jpg
Hi so im going to do a small experiment, I will leave this Glass Vial of THC weed in sunlight for as long as i possibly can ideally at least 2 months worth possibly longer.
I checked under the microscope and the trichs were abundant and mostly cloudy not really any ambers , with the odd clear trich . 

I cannot take a before picture with the microscope apologies im just not that savvy, but i will check the trichs again and write here any differences i notice 

The idea is that THC is meant to convert to CBN via degradation from : Sunlight, Air and Heat 
So for this experiment we'll mainly be going the sunlight route , although someone please clarify here if the corks let air in or not? 

Insomnia is a bitch but ive been able to tame it somewhat with 80mg+ CBD a night all within a 30 minute session before bed via CBD flower and mixture of flower and CBD isolate. From my experience so far on that the CBD flower has been the winner though . 
Looking for a way to help me to fall asleep in the first place and not wake up groggy like sleeping tablets and anti psychotics etc do  

Edited by vape_ninja
  • Like 5

I planned something similar but I never got around to it. 

So I will be watching and hoping, it works for you.

Pretty sure it can be done a few ways , just leaving it out in the air, will oxidize it  , I was planning to expose some to UVB to speed up the process. 

don't see why sunlight wouldn't help speed it along.

I ended up buying some CBN isolate, but I had to import it. and its not quite the same as matured THC weed was less heady due to being from CBD instead of THC ,I guess not all the CBD oxidized to CBN....

(the shipping costs were more then the item)

I find CBN mixed with THC really good for sleep and staying asleep and pain management associated IBD  , hope it works for you, not getting a good night sleep takes it toll, good that your being proactive and trying. 

I haven't done it myself yet ,but I noticed a few products that combine 5HTP and melatonin and CBN maybe worth looking into.

• Like 2

I found weed after being exposed to these elements for major lengths like you suggest just loses potency 

Good luck but think you may be disappointed 

Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 3

When I had the capacity, i was able to have a selection of mums for every occasion or need. Dry and cure was standardised.

hi, vape/n , why not do another with some MTC oil to compare as a tincture,, will keep a i on your findings professor . lol 

EVERY DAY IS A SCHOOL DAY . regards geogeo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geogeo said:

hi, vape/n , why not do another with some MTC oil to compare as a tincture,, will keep a i on your findings professor . lol 

EVERY DAY IS A SCHOOL DAY . regards geogeo

if you are interested in results but think vaping will effect it i will smoke some to see if its any different i dont have any MCT at the moment to make any tinctures 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

I found weed after being exposed to these elements for major lengths like you suggest just loses potency

Ain't that an expected by product of the process though? Transforming THC into CBN.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

cbd crew's shark shock is giving me the most body stone/ heavy mind-numbing  i have ever had with weed so far, super couchlock sleep material, reminds me of good hash from years gone by

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

cbd crew's shark shock is giving me the most body stone/ heavy mind-numbing  i have ever had with weed so far, super couchlock sleep material, reminds me of good hash from years gone by

What's the yield and taste like?

• Like 1

@ratdog is that vaping or smoking? I remember you saying you got a mighty recently. That's probably the only downside I've found with vaping, that it's sometimes difficult to get body stone effects. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Ain't that an expected by product of the process though? Transforming THC into CBN.

Well yea probably but I certainly didn't noticed one thing being replaced by another. 

Certainly didn't add a narcotic effect. It turned heavy AF narcotic weed to barely noticeable effect for me but ill be honest I wasn't evaluating it it cbn in mind. Just remember thinking "yea sunlight and oxygen really do effect weed negativey"

@vape_ninja

I too suffer from bouts of insomnia. Well, I wake at 4 am for a piss and have difficulty sleeping again.

Have made pills using rosin and coconut oil etc and these help but I do wake up fairly mashed and can have a dopey hangover in the morning.

I vape and tend to vape at low temp so my abv is light brown and holds lots of goodness still. Not sure if it holds lots of CBD etc but perhaps someone can inform better here.

Anyway, last night I made 2 00 pills from abv. At about 10 I ate them and had my usual vapes before bed.

I never have issues falling asleep as I'm pretty mashed by this point.

Woke at 5.30 for a piss having slept really well. I didn't think I'd doze off but alarm woke me at 7 am. Best night in age.

Might be coincidence. Might be the abv.

I'm going to continue my experimenting and may make an extract but tbh if these work I may keep them as abv pills. Extra bit of roughage for the old colon eh?

Anyway, I'm interested in what you are trying to achieve.....

• Like 2

Just now, M Pamplemousse said:

@vape_ninja

I too suffer from bouts of insomnia. Well, I wake at 4 am for a piss and have difficulty sleeping again.

Have made pills using rosin and coconut oil etc and these help but I do wake up fairly mashed and can have a dopey hangover in the morning.

I vape and tend to vape at low temp so my abv is light brown and holds lots of goodness still. Not sure if it holds lots of CBD etc but perhaps someone can inform better here.

Anyway, last night I made 2 00 pills from abv. At about 10 I ate them and had my usual vapes before bed.

I never have issues falling asleep as I'm pretty mashed by this point.

Woke at 5.30 for a piss having slept really well. I didn't think I'd doze off but alarm woke me at 7 am. Best night in age.

Might be coincidence. Might be the abv.

I'm going to continue my experimenting and may make an extract but tbh if these work I may keep them as abv pills. Extra bit of roughage for the old colon eh?

Anyway, I'm interested in what you are trying to achieve.....

Hi, where we vape we have to take into account that the weed is going to give us one hell of a high but not necessarily a stone, even if you vape higher its never going to give you that full body stone as smoking does it would seem we can get close to it but just not there.

I think you are right about your Vaped weed pills, back when i would vape a lot of THC and no CBD i found my 12 cupcakes id bake would really help me to sleep, and it seems that when we vape weed it starts converting the THC into CBN in the vaporizer, via heat. This is also why i think if you vape a bowl for the second time you start getting different effects compared to when its just fresh bud. 

have you considered trying: simmer your vaped weed in butter or spread (butter works better but for example my body wont tolerate dairy) then sieve off the plant matter then there wont be roughage to consume and you should get all the goodness in that butter/spread, just a thought 

• Like 1

I may do an extraction but am going to experiment with just abv for simplicity. Just made 100 of them :bong:

large.IMG_20211026_133226900.jpg