Drying box

Wakko78

Who’s used a cardboard box to dry ur weed and wots the best way todo it like exhausting it into tent etc, I’ve got a small tent I would dry in but been to busy poppin beans so won’t be able to use it :wallbash: so a cardboard box will have to do:yinyang: :smokin:

• Like 1

Back when I only had one tent I rigged up a cardboard wardrobe (they are a thing , have a search) to dry in, this had racking made of green split Bamboo plant sticks just pushed through the sides, a length of 4in duct connecting it to my tent from the bottom of the cardboard box (to pull air down over the buds) in the top of the box I punched a couple of holes with a screwdriver so there was sufficient airflow but still negative pressure enough to prevent smells escaping , it worked well enough that when I had a spare 80cm² tent I just copied the design for that and now have a permanent drying tent.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Did it myself this week, just close your passives so the air is drawn through your new ducting 

large.IMG_20102021_213237_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpglarge.IMG_20102021_213249_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpglarge.IMG_20102021_213259_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

Edited by superfruit
  • Like 2

I get hold of as big a cardboard box as I can find, and cut a hole in the top to attach a section of ducting to it. The other side of the ducting goes into the tent via a spare extraction sock, and placed as close to the carbon filter as possible. Then pierce some holes along the top of the box for some string to hang the plants from, plus some small holes for passive venting. Hey presto - home made drying box.

• Like 1

I know I will have to crank exhaust up but if I’m ducting box into tent will it raise rh much as the tent will be used for flower ? Found me a box just need bit more duct:smokin:ing 

Just now, Wakko78 said:

will it raise rh much

Not in my experience.

I've got a couple of plants drying in a box hooked up to my drobe right now and I noticed no increase in rh.

• Like 1

Just now, Wacky Wardrobe said:

Not in my experience.

I've got a couple of plants drying in a box hooked up to my drobe right now and I noticed no increase in rh.

Ideal :yinyang:

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

@Wakko78. Remember to put a few air holes in the opposite side to your ducting. It works really well and doesn't increase your RH in the tent. 

Cheers bud I won’t need small fan or nothing will I in box , just exhaust duct :smokin:

@Wakko78. DON'T put a fan in the box. Your buds will dry too fast with the inevitable consequences.  The way I did it:

Get some string or garden wire and tie them inside to make your hanging lines. A few holes on the opposite side to your ducting. Keep your tents exhaust to low, well low enough so you still maintain negative pressure of course. Keep an eye on your buds as you would do normally. 10 days or longer should do the trick.

Edited by Larry Badgeley
  • Like 2

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

@Wakko78. DON'T put a fan in the box. Your buds will dry too fast with the inevitable consequences.  The way I did it:

Get some string or garden wire and tie them inside to make your hanging lines. A few holes on the opposite side to your ducting. Keep your tents exhaust to low, well low enough so you still maintain negative pressure of course. Keep an eye on your buds as you would do normally. 10 days or longer should do the trick.

Haha yeah that’s wot I thought cheers bud I got couple weeks yet just wanna get it re:smokin:ady 

6 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@Wakko78

Buds hanging in the box. The lid closes so no light is let in.

large.IMG_1045.JPG

And a couple air holes otherside of the duct , my mother in laws got some of those wardrobe boxes I’ll use one of those , I just don’t want that hat smell like I had on the other grow but I think I even chopped it too early, so it weren’t gonna be that gud , cheers for the help man.