Re-vegging flowering clones

RUFUS HOUND

Hi, I had to keep my clones in the same tent as my flowering plants and they have developed so beatiful flowers.

I was reading about if I could turn them back to veg and it apparently makes them go extra bushy.

Anybody do this with any degree of success?

large.IMG_20211012_222325.jpg

• Like 2

Hiya @RUFUS HOUND :thumsup:

I believe the technique that you refer to is known as 'monster cropping',

basically the flowering process stops when the photoperiod increases.

This takes different amounts of time depending upon the variety.

Then once the plant starts to get going again,

it's like it has been topped multiple times at the same location.

This can lead to much bushier plants,

ideal for SCROG.

I recently took cuttings from plants that were alread a couple of weeks into 12/12 and stuck them in cups of water to root

large.P9300012.JPG

large.P9300013.JPG

large.P9300011.JPG

They've since been potted up and I've increased the photoperiod from 16/8 to 20/4 to make sure they know what to do :D 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 5

@Shumroom yes thats what I was reading about - you are a font of knowledge. :notworthy: 

I will run them 24/0 for a while just so they get the message to reveg and drop to 18/6 o 16/8 once they turn.

Apparently they may develop a rounded/un-serrated set of leaves as an indicator they are re-vegging but I will see what happens.large.IMG_20211014_225234.jpg

I now have them in my home made veg box, sitting at 28'C with no extra heating - I will eventually pipe up to the main tent. 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 3

Bit rich of me seeing as I'm a total scruff, but I hate reveg cuts.

A mate of mine (honestly my own personal rainman for growing) loves it, once he finds a keeper in flower hell reveg, and just tear the cut apart running more clones to preserve it, or to run a whole tent of it.

• Like 1
Just now, blerie420 said:

once he finds a keeper in flower hell reveg,

He could just take a cutting form everything he puts into flower from seed. That's what I do (ish). Occasionally I won't bother but you know something blinding will turn up!

Assuming he has a veg tent :B):

• Like 2
5 hours ago, KC said:

A perfect example from HazyDaze. That's why I don't take cuts past day 8 of flower. They take ages to get back to normal :thumbdown:

That's if they ever get back to normal :wallbash:

• Like 1

They need plenty of light once they root..

Not intense hid light but nice bright light.

Take an age to revert otherwise .

This was taken from a 7 week flowering killerskunk, once rooted it took a couple of weeks to pop new growth , this one threw growth quite quickly. Considering she was 7 weeks into flower.

large.IMG_20210818_111126.jpgi think this next one is same plant few weeks later .

large.PSX_20200901_001401.jpg

Edited by HazyDaze
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, KC said:

He could just take a cutting form everything he puts into flower from seed. That's what I do (ish). Occasionally I won't bother but you know something blinding will turn up!

Assuming he has a veg tent :B):

No dice sadly. That's the goal of 2022, become perpetual for both of us, though in honesty I'm yielding more towards just smoking less if I'm honest out of pure laziness :thumbdown:

• Like 1