Quickest way to tell sex of a plant.

@DeltaMelter sure you can do that but it's extra faff that's not needed in the circumstances shared by the OP. As you already said he will be able to sex the plants as is. All that's needed is a bit of reading on how to identify male and female pre-flowers

My comment was more tangential and offtopic thinking about mother's in general. The conversation got me thinking is all. It's my fault for going off topic.

The advice already given is sound, sex them as they are, this is the quickest easiest way to go based on the information that's been shared. Taking cuts and flipping them is a waste of time why wait when you could have them all sexed after 30 mins of reading and then checking the pre-flowers.

• Like 2

As I understand it, from another thread, the OP is purposefully growing a plant at a rate slower than under normal conditions. I don't think the plant will be showing sex in the same 'normal' period.

Honestly ive been in the same situation loads of times, where id not been able to see preflowers but wanted to exit males.

There are 3 options generally accepted.

1 just wait and watch.

2 give one cycle of 12/12 to prompt preflower.

3 flower a cutting rooted or not.

Its all about time and space.  Micro growing, growing trees, and running cycles are all quite different.  

Needs must.

Each to their own.

And all that.

;)

• Like 4

@Kev.k whack some photos like these up and we can probably sex them for you.

You're looking for the tiny little growth in the elbow of the node.

The right side of the stem in the crux of that v shape that's the little pre-flower this one is a female.

large.5f80f1ac6af98_original_bece2885-25f7-4893-89c7-ec43d067574a_IMG20201009202509-Copy.jpg

Right hand side again in the very corner where the base of the new branch originates this is a male.

large.5f80f1a9c2fe1_original_12af127b-0c51-44d9-92aa-cdc0c3697141_IMG20201009203344-Copy.jpg

The age of your plants and the size I'd expect your pre-flowers would be even more mature than these. These were sexed at around week 5 in 1L pots around 1ft tall.

Edited by NezA
  • Like 4

I wouldnt be shocked either way to be honest its strain and light cycle dependent.  Sometimes subtracting an hour from the vegetative cycle van also prompt pre flowers.

I agree with @NezA the best thing is to post some pics.  

Im right curious now!  Hope you can post some pics.

;)

Thanks for the advice. 

I think I got 1 male and 1 female. My phone won’t focus where I want it to, so the pics are blurry (can’t see a option to attach them)

1 has pistils the other has no “hairs” just a single tiny (really tiny ball). So small I would never have noticed. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Keye said:

Yes, I'd say the first two are male and the last ones are female? Or are these the same plant lol??

Yep first 2 are the male and the last ones female (I think?). I labelled them but not very well. 

I took better pics but they are “too large” to be attached. 

Edited by Kev.k

This is the one I thought was male but now I’m not sure. Looks more saliva leaning than the other so maybe early female preflower rather than male?large.99819E0D-A059-4D1B-AC43-FFE0E1752477.jpeglarge.4978A421-0B1B-4B5D-B894-026E9A573587.jpeglarge.00ECC0B1-5667-4CDC-A002-35B34C6B255D.jpeg

Edited by Kev.k

@Kev.k Sorry mate that one looks like a male, you can see the flower there in the first pic of the three.

If its round without a white hair coming out the end then its usually a ballsack

Edited by DeltaMelter
  • Like 2