Dry herb vaporisers - first timer

RUFUS HOUND

Hi all, Im looking for advice on dry herb vapes as I wanna stop smoking my green with tobacco.

Any advice on starter vapes and what is it actually like to vape dry herb - is it rough

Any recommendations much appreciated - budget end please but I can always lust after the expensive ones

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

Every vaper needs at least one Dynavap Vapcap (and a torch lighter) imo 

I tried a few times at making the switch away from baccy and combustion with other vapes but kept going back til I picked up an entry level Vapcap M 

Super smooth, tasty and mega efficient m8 - you'll be amazed, and probably sneeze too lol

• Like 4

I always recommend getting a mighty because i love mine and really is a lazy mans device. But does come a bit steep on price but it is a workhorse for sure. Wouldn't buy the mighty+ till prices drop

Dynavap is probably a great introduction to the vape world. It's cheap effective and you won't find anything rivalling it in it's price range. Although you may have to refill it quite often if you have a high tolerance as it can only house like a .1 ? But at the same time that .1 in a dry herb vape will get you blasted like a .5 joint in my opinion. When i got my mighty i was chain smoking half gram joints with added baccy near enough half hourly and wasn't getting anything close to the stone i use to get years back but when i got my vape my tolerance was blown wide open. Was borderline psychadelic, im more use to it now being nearly 2 years but vapes still fuck me up more than any joint could.

Took a good year and a half of coughing up shit but now being 2 years smoke free i can say my lungs feel terrific for it

• Like 3

Volcano for me, have owned quite a few vapes but the 'cano is the one I go back to. If you don't need a portable vape then the 'cano is a workhorse unit. As the vapour is in a bag its not as harsh/dry/hot as some other vapes. I have a mighty too and its a good portable option.

For an intro though Dynavap looks great and I'd have one if I needed something portable.

@HazyHashMan is so right about the tolerance though, first time vaping a decent strain is an eye-opener for sure. I've had friends who are hardened tokers say "no thanks I'm good" to a second 'cano bag as the first one ruined them :)

• Like 4

I used a HerbalAire when I quit tobacco, I used it in conjunction with a 10 week course of nicotine patches. I've now been tobacco free for 10 years. I still have the HerbalAire but I now also have a Mighty and I use it far more than I use the Herbie. When you first use a vape, don't try and take huge draws on it, just take little 'sips' and you'll be fine.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

Any advice on starter vapes and what is it actually like to vape dry herb - is it rough

Any recommendations much appreciated - budget end please but I can always lust after the expensive ones

The DynaVap as mentioned before is what you want :yep: 

I've not tried one yet but it's always getting good reviews and mentions so I've put it on the chrimbo wishlist.

The most important thing when quitting tobacco or combustion is to get a hit that is similar so it satisfies you and helps with the experience being a positive one so you don't dismiss it and go back to burning.

Give it some time though, I quit tobacco going back 7 years or more now I've lost count it's been a while, If you're giving up tobacco fully you will have to fight the craving by vaping more and keeping your hands and mind busy. It took me 3 months before I wasn't having any cravings and a vape would twat me for longer - I do still burn but that's more of a pissed up/social thing.

It might tickle at first getting used to but it's not rough and you'll soon be on a crusade for lung busting hits that blows fog.

• Like 1

Vaping is the rolls royce experience of weed in my opinion 
with the right vapes.

Id personally recommend the original mighty if you want a powerful portable 
or if you just want to solo indoors, get yourself an arizer v tower (latest edition silicone whip not pvc, check with vapefiend) you will not be dissappointed at all, its also a very efficient way to enjoy and save herbs 

Or just get both of those and its likely you will give up smoking altogether 

Edited by vape_ninja
  • Like 3

i found quitting tabac joints easy using a pipe with pure hash as substitute, eventually i found quitting the pipe/bong easy using a vape as substitute. now at last i have managed to quit vaping and now only ingest cococanna, its the purest high ever, even cutting down on the ammount of cannabis used.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hash72 said:

i found quitting tabac joints easy using a pipe with pure hash as substitute, eventually i found quitting the pipe/bong easy using a vape as substitute. now at last i have managed to quit vaping and now only ingest cococanna, its the purest high ever, even cutting down on the ammount of cannabis used.

actually , i also used to enjoy smoking hash in a little pipe. Tobacco is evil stuff stinks too 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

Hi all, Im looking for advice on dry herb vapes as I wanna stop smoking my green with tobacco.

Flower mate pro V5 is decent mid range starry xmax v3 is also okay both do flower and concentrates.

Had other cheaper shitty pen types .

Sai with pico for dabs

Ive got my vape and juice / nic shots sorted - I couldnt really give up fags and still tobacco in a joint now could I, hence looking for a baccy free way to take my medication.

something discrete, a portable, quick and easy to fill/use - something I can nip outside have a quick toke

you are already making a lot less smell with any vape you use so that has to be taking into consideration of 'discreetness'

do you want something you can sesh on, or just go out and take a few hits to satisfy then come back in 

22 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

something discrete, a portable, quick and easy to fill/use - something I can nip outside have a quick toke

For those reasons Crafty+, costs less than 12 packs of the dearer cigs!

S&B prices have dropped after the Mighty+ launch, using the uk420 code for £10 off at site sponsors Vapefiend, the Crafty+ is now £169, the Mighty is under £200 (£197)

• Like 1