Growing in loft

Piper.180

Hi guys I need some advice. I'm not entirely sure this is the correct place to post this so forgive me if so. 

Basically I can't have my grow tent in my normal space because I need the room. I was planning on putting my tent in my loft but winter is coming and it's really cold up there because there is zero insulation. I was planning to have a oil heater in the tent and have my exhaust fan on as normal but after thinking about it I'll literally be exhausting all the warm air out of the tent. This seems wasteful and is probably going to spike my electric bill. 

Is there anyway to do this without wasting electricity? I haven't really got the money to insulate the loft. Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by Piper.180

Unless you can build a insulated room/box for your tent I wouldn't bother. 

You will have endless issues otherwise. Even with the insulation there's other things to consider. 

• Like 4

Build a grow box out of celotex/kingspan. Have you're intake running in from downstairs, Ideally somewhere warm and dry (not the bathroom). Depending on the size of your grow/house you might get away with extracting back into the house (different room as far away from intake as possible) without humidity issues. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Build a grow box out of celotex/kingspan. Have you're intake running in from downstairs, Ideally somewhere warm and dry (not the bathroom). Depending on the size of your grow/house you might get away with extracting back into the house (different room as far away from intake as possible) without humidity issues. 

I agree....but take the air from a bedroom where someone sleeps (CO2) and blow it back into the bathroom.

@Piper.180

You won't need to be worrying about the waste......this will not be your concern. 

You will be worrying when the old bill/thief turn up to ask why your roof has no snow on it and is glowing under a thermal camera  

Do not half arse it bro ! Kingspan/celetox and do it properly or not at all

:yep:

• Like 6

Some great advice here , you’ll need insulation 100% ,growing in the loft is not cheap come winter time in fact it sucks all year round but we do what we have to do to get our herb 

• Like 1