Max weight for tent roof and carbon recirc

Newcouch

So, i wanted to take everyone's advise and get a carbon filter, but the prices are shocking. making do with a bag of carbon open in the tent, and ona outside.

Then saw a cheap 8 inch carbon filter. A bit dozy of me, but it never occured to me how huge this thing was going to be. Its an eight inch duct filter, eg inner diam.  the carbon thickness is 40mm, so with prefilter its damned near 12 diam and over 400mm long. For a micro grow. FFS, my tent is 60x60 x 120.

I can just about jam it into a top corner, but god knows how to duct it.  but big issue is - it weighs over 12kg!!!!!! Its a great bit of kit!

So, realistically, even if it supports it at first, i reckon my tent is going to be on the edge of collapse!!!  any comments on this please?. it is steel framed, not plastic.  but not huge,

Second question is, without a variable fan, i will be changing the entire air every few seconds or so!!! I simply wont be able to maintain temp and humididty.

Therefore i plan to recirculate the air through the filter instead and never extract it.  I will have the passive intakes wide open at the bottom, and the ducts open at the top.

Is this full recirc ok? Plants are very small so dont influence the atmosphere much.

My advise is to save it for when/if you upgrade your tent & get yourself a Rhino Hobby filter (it's what I'm using for this grow) and a new fan,the hobby filters are light as a feather compared to the pro & a 4" is only £25 % £30 for a 5".

Turning that 8" on full power in that set up might cause a black hole and kill the lot of us.

Also the bag of carbon is doing nothing & that ona will be like pissing in the wind once you get into flower.

• Like 1

Don't put it in the tent.

Duct the air out and use the fan to push it through the filter.

Get a controller.....they start at £6 !

Get a 4in fan and filter, you cry about the cost now, but you'll regret it when the smell gets under someones nose and they report you mate. 

3 rules

No tell

No sell

No SMELL

They dont smell yet cos they small, they'll start to have an aroma as they grow and once in flower they will stink the place to high heaven. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fatboy77 said:

Get an inline filter, doesn't need to be in the tent. 

yes...or make an inline filter from the normal filter the topic starter bought......( make a case )

get a 6 inch ec fan and a controller. use a reducer between the filter and the fan. have the fan connected directly to the filter and have it outside the tent and blow through it, you'll only need a bit of ducting poking into the top of your tent. Plus when you upgrade to a larger tent, the 6 inch will still be mustard. 4 inch is a waste of time