Disappointed

grotbags

Just a little complaint post, iv only had one grow this year january - april. I chose jacky white because i trusted paradise to deliver since iv always been happy with wappa and nebula. 

The plants were healthy, nice structure, good homogeneity and smelled nice but the potency was pathetic. I grew them alongside 2 freebies which were good potency, i ended up making bho with most of it and even the bho was poor potency. Not a happy camper...... :crybaby:

• Like 4

Others may enjoy the weaker potency. But nice to have an insight on strains and posting your findings. Feedback will be interesting if any.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 3

Everyone's endocannabinoid system is different.

Take Exodus Cheese for example some say it's weak as piss while others will say it hits hard.

Maybe someone else who has grown jacky white on here can pitch in with their experience?

• Like 4

I gave some to my mates, as i always do and they agreed.... One of the worst plants for potency we'd tried for god knows how long. 

• Like 3
Just now, grotbags said:

I gave some to my mates, as i always do and they agreed.... One of the worst plants for potency we'd tried for god knows how long. 

Fair enough:yep:

• Like 2

Tis a shame when this happens.

I am one who thinks cheese is piss weak all smell and taste no hit  just bland boring time to roll another joint 15 mins later .

In other words all blow and no go.

As  a few of Paradise cultivars are some of my favs.

To say the bho ya made was even weak though thats saying something.

One reason its a shame its not legal here .As it could of been sent in and tested.

Like they can do in the USA and Canada.

We once grow Green Spirit .Which is a cross of Skunk Number one and Big Bud huge lovley buds.

I might as well toked some hemp boxers shorts or socks.

I would of got a better hit piss weak total wank.

• Like 2

It was hit and miss with cheese.

some barely got you high for longer than five minutes but a couple I smoked where insane.

i think clone fade happens as well. I had a mate who sold just cheese for a couple of years before the grow got busted. It started off as the strongest stuff if smoked but after two years of him cloning it and me smoking it, it lost its strength. Either I’d built up too high a tolerance or it turned shit.

by the end of the cheese days my mates would call it 5 minute cheese but I bought a bag just over a year ago now before I set the tent up and stuff and that blew me away. I couldn’t think properly at all. 

real cheese has long gone but there are some crosses out there still worth growing. Just need to find them.

shame about the jacky white. I was looking at that as the buds looked great but I’ll leave it now.

the rainbow road I have of theirs is one of the gassiest things I’ve grew. It’s still in veg but the gas smell is full on.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, hashi said:

One reason its a shame its not legal here .As it could of been sent in and tested.

Like they can do in the USA and Canada

You just need to get yourself a purplpro mate. Test it yourself. Not cheap but cheaper than a lab. A friend whos a member here has one. 

It's not all about numbers is all I'll say. 

• Like 3

The real cheese is still out their .Just to many folks did hacks of Big Bhuddah cheese and gave it a different name.

I did like his blue cheese  though alot though even that was not the real Cheese  .Then again i always loved both Blueberry and Flo by DJ short.

I did not know that about the test here in the UK.

Indeed you right in what you say though .About its not all about Numbers .Infact they did some test in the USA.

And it turned out that quite often the ones with the low THC .

Did infact make to  those who did the blind test.It  got them more stoned than the ones with higher THC .

It like Often the ones with high THC hit you hard the most .Then they wear of quicker.

than say the ones with the low THC.

Its like i often fine that cultivars grown outside under the big light in the sky.

They seem to have a more longer lasting and deep high often more trippy and more a creeper.

Its hard to expline, its as if the plants grown under the sun.Have a more complex full kind of spectrum high or stone.

If that makes any sense.

I just fone alot of cultivars, that are grown outdoors the hits not bland or boring.

Its more deeper longer lasting and more trippy quite often.

Like ya said BP its not all about Numbers at all.As i have said quite often the ones with low THC take Durban Poison for one.

The hit its just so much better than some high THC cultivars where it hits ya hard. then goes just as quick .

Just the same with alot of strong smelling and tasting  cultivars.

Edited by hashi
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Whatwentwrong said:

It was hit and miss with cheese.

I'm pretty sure all the misses weren't true cheese, the exodus cut always annihilated me good and proper, and everyone else I knew who tried it, but like you say after a while the market was flooded with some watered down crosses. 

Just now, hashi said:

Its like i often fine that cultivars grown outside under the big light in the sky.

They seem to have a more longer lasting and deep high often more trippy and more a creep.

Yeah definitely agree with you on that, pretty much all my mates (like most stoners) are total hydro heads, and many have at first turned their nose up to my "straggly" "leafy' "bushy" offerings. Usually starts out the same, a few tokes in "not very strong is it" 15 minutes later they go quiet, maybe a bit pale, few days later and they'd be asking me if I have any more lol.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

pretty sure all the misses weren't true cheese,

exactly, called cheese but wasn’t really but that’s what gave cheese a bad name by the end and why people gave up on it.

growing it should be different as you can select your variety and choose a decent one.

• Like 1

I can sympathise with getting a strain thats a let down,  i often find to much variance from pack to pack of the same stain, although i grow outdoors and expect to see more of a variance due to conditions.   

I also find a big variance, and one that annoys me, between the single freebie seeds and a pack ..... every single freebie seed thast i loved and led to purchasing a pack has been nothing like the original freebie :(      I did 4 packs on a strain trying to find something similar to the freebie i grew out.   

I have got to the stage i have a brief look at the description and if i like it i buy it :yep:   I do have the benefit of doing 1 main run per year and being seasons behind the current hype strains and have the benefit of watching the indoor guys grows & reports.    

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Hello guys, 

Apologies for the very very delayed reply. It is quite sad to hear that you were disappointed by potency. 

It could be, that maybe you need to try something with a higher potency. 

If you shoot us a message on our customer service email (customerservice@paradise-seeds.com) and we can recommend you some great strains. 

Apologies for the delay guys. 

Team Paradise