Auto water system

Haze_smoker

Evening all. 

Me and Mrs haze are off away for 2 weeks and I need to set up a auto watering system for my 4 girls in coco.. IV always handwaterd or lately been in dwc so all advice is knowledge to me and the more the better.. I have a mj1000lph or a hailea 3000lph pump to use.. I'm thinking the mj1000 shud take care of it as it's only 4 plants. 

Can any1 chip in with some knowledge/experience about how I think it shud run and my thorts are right/rong??

So pump in Res with a air stone to keep it mixed and some DO in there. 

Mj1000 out the Res into tent and then have a T piece on the end of that and run a pipe round all pots and back to the other bit of the T piece so a ring.. will that create equal pressure at each dripper line? 

Then I'm thinking of haveing 2 drippers to each pot? 

As for timings of feed I know it depends on how big the plant is and how much it's feeding/drinking but 1 time a day? and would you "water"till run off. 

I'm watering every other day atm and getting a good run off but not sure I can do that with a 24hr timer lol 

In 11l pots.

I'm happy to get a better timer if I need to... atm just got a segmental timer that does 15min bits I think.

Haze

• Like 1

you really need a seconds timer. and a return to the res.

the return is usually a T piece off the main line from pump to tent, at the highest point,usually at the top of the res, to prevent the pump from "syphoning" after its switched off. syphoning is when the pump is off but the water continues to flow through the hose.

the rest sounds good to me, but 15 minutes from a mj1000 is a big no no, it  will put a couple of feet of water in your room lol.

so get the seconds timer... 

• Like 1

As above a per second timer.

My steup is steamlined even more now.

Im not at home but i think i have the same  mj1000lph   pump.

Setup is -

100l Water butt 

mj1000lph  pump

1 pipe coming out of pump goes straight no t pieces it runs straight down the middle of my plants with EQUAL lengths of i think 4mm micro tubing comming off the single straight pipe into the plants 2 in each...so 8 plants - 16 feed lines taken from straight hose. 

1. More feed line taken from the straight pipe at the very top of the res (water but) This is my return that is simply tie rapped to the side of hose and back into the res...As above prevents syphon effect

At the end of the main pip I have a tap that is turned off....This completes my circuit if you like.

You can rig the whole thing up and do a test say in the bath and measure how long it takes for you to fill a litre and then you can calculate how long to run the thing for down to the second.

I also have my airstone run by a small pump which is also on a timer - it comes on for an hour before feeding and it also comes on 3 times a day for 30 mins...I find running the airstone 24/7 leads to my ph going mad and considering im in coco then that's an issue. I actually make sure to make my feed on the low side of the ph range which will give me a bit of leeway if/when im away for upto 10 days with the above setup. 

• Like 1

Go on aliexpress and look at the elecrow smart watering system.

large.FBD4FCCD-F03D-4638-948B-A16393608CEF.jpeg

im just tweaking it now and unfortunately I have too many plants to set it back up as I have 8 plants in the tent and it only does 4 but it’s a beast.

i have a really cheap £5 job in my drobe which works perfect too. 

large.9AE9166C-D328-4E46-9873-F93D27854244.jpeg

it looks messy there but I have a box for it now and a proper res so it sits in sweet

large.B1CDDEC1-4345-4B9F-9191-434EA3D91EDA.jpeg

you can just see the sensor in the soil.

the issue with the cheap one is that you need one her plant and the sensors only last about a month but they cost about £1 each. They only run on 12v so you can power it from a battery case that comes with it. I bought a 3m usb cable and cut the end off to use as a power lead. It really was easy to set up even though it looks like a lot of wires. Instruction drawing was really easy to see.

i threw some autos in the tent as it seemed like wasted room. Those plants are still veging and have a month in veg at least so I’ll try the system again when they go into flower and the autos are out.